Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Annual Mass Egg BBQ Bash

BuBaQlishus
BuBaQlishus Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, had a thought since it seems we have only one NE event and am just tossing this out there to see if there is any resounding ground swell of interest to pursuit :blink:
This is the site I had in mind at winter island. One of my interests is kayak fishing and a NE forum hosts there annual event here every summer. A great location with all the amenities, camping, RV you name it..check it out . They even have a large area for hosting events outside which has a roof for inclemate weather...I can see the eggs circling now.... :woohoo:

http://www.salemweb.com/winterisland/

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    What a great spot! depending on the time of year we would try to make it. Neil is a pool boy so it is hard.
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Aren't there a lot of witches, dunking stools and stuff in Salem? :evil:
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Sounds like a great idea!

First off you should get in touch with Tarantin Tank, the New England distributor of the Egg and see if he'll supply Eggs for you.

As for dates you may want to think about early to mid May or early June for your event.

I've a fairly good database of regional names I'll be happy to share with you.

Are you going to try for this season or '10?
  • NU2BBQ
    NU2BBQ Posts: 98
    Ah the old Coast Guard Station, I used to like to watch the sea-planes take off and land while fishing in the harbor. It's amazing how we remember things from times past and forget yesterday so fast.