Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help-Please

Options
Eggmoramus
Eggmoramus Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am a newbie with the Egg (about a month) and I love it and have cooked quite a few things. I have not cooked a pork loin and would like to this weekend. I looked at the recipe section and didn't really see muchexcept pork tenderloin. So, what I need is some good instructions. Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Try this.
    Ross
    1 Pork loin (NOT Pork Tenderloin! 4#'s are easiest) Southern Flavor or your favorite rub.
    Cooking Instructions:
    Rub your loin with favorite season salt or rub. If has a fat cap, fat side up in the smoker. If not, add bacon strips. cook at 220-240 or so, till the roast reaches 165, spraying with whatever moisture combo you want. I use juices (like Hi-C, not like a real lemon or orange juice, use a kid's juice box) and mix it with Soda or water. Doesn't matter. Just spray it ever 45 minutes or so. It will take about 3 hours or so to hit 165. Get the HD aluminum foil out, throw the pork loin on, spray the **** out of it, then wrap it up good. This things gonna get EXTREMELY juicy, so double wrap it if you must, especially if you pork a hole in the foil anywhere while doing this. Throw back on till it hits 190 (an hour or 2. Shoots right up once wrapped). Take off, and throw in cooler for 3 hours, or when it hits 160. I usually just go with the 3 hours. Have taken it out at 3 hours and had it at 145, and it was still plenty hot to eat. Cut into about 1/4" - 1/2" slices (I use an electric knife and do up half the loin in seconds). Serve with favorite dipping sauce. Put knifes on table as a joke, cause when you touch it with a fork, it will fall apart (ask the B2 guys) Ideas for the second half of the loin: - Cube up and put in Tony Chachere, or Zatarins (sp) dirty rice - Cut really thin with electric knife (easiest when cold) and heat in pot with favorite sauce for bbq sandwichs. I've even Juliened the pieces into strips for easy eatin. - Throw in slow cooker, high for an hour, low for 6 hours. Add couple cups water with one cube beef boulien. Couple carrots and potatoes chunked (under the meat, or the tater will blacken, I mastered the slow cooker years ago) For fun, put a fork in the roast at the end of the cook and try to lift it out. It will just shred. Pork Pot Roast -Slow cooker variation: shredded pork sandwiches: throw half pork loin in slow cooker. Take Kraft Zesty (or Tangy) spaghetti box, open, grab the seasoning packet, throw the rest out, add season packet to 2 cups water, throw in with pork on low for 8 hour (if you can keeps you hand out of it) 1 hour before your done, add a couple green pepper rings. BBQ pork sandwichs, no need for sauce. - Use a Bottom Round instead of the pork loin, and thats how we do our beef sandwichs. Happy Eating.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    I would have bet $100 that Richard would have the first recipe.
    JJ

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    If you cook it to the Government's 160 deg you will be eating it with a whisk broom. Pull it at 140-145 deg and cover with foil.
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Porkloin006.jpg

Make this recipe , allow it to cool. Slab a loin and lay it on, roll the whole thing back up and cook at 350 indirct after a good sear.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    You loose! Mr. Toad had the first stuffed loin recipe. See you in Ocala??