Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Gone Fishin'

Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited 1:39PM in EggHead Forum
I am heading out shortly for a fishing trip in south Louisiana (about a 5 hour drive from my home). We will be fishing for redfish near the mouth of the Mississippi River with a local guide. First time with this guide and this fishing area.

The limit here is 5 redfish per person between 16" and 26". Hopefully we can also pull in some black drum (5 limit) and some flounder.

It will be great weather (mostly sunny and 74*) - sorry Steven and the others in the Great North Country. :whistle:

I hope to be having some blackened redfish pics posted before the weekend is out! :woohoo:

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I envy you! have a great trip. -RP
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Lucky dog! ;)
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,742
    Misippi Egger,

Good luck and don't be sorry, heading to FLA next Thursday to do some myself.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Good luck and have a safe trip.

I wish I could have gotten off work to come to Ocala. I have not made an Eggfest yet. Trying to get my local distributor to have one here.
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    You are making us jealous up here in the Mid Atlantic area.We are also looking for temps to be in the 70 degree range but the water temperature is still a bit to cold.Get that camera ready and show us what you caught off of the charter and not the fish market.
  • ALAL Posts: 80
    YOUR GOING WHERE YOU CAN ALMOST WALK ON REDFISH. JUST LISTEN TO WHAT THE GUIDE WILL TELL YOU AND YOU WILL CATCHING AND NOT WISHING.

CAPT AL
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,742
    Misippi Egger,

Just checked and you are only 6 hours from Atlanta aren't you?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• PopsiclePopsicle Posts: 519
    Wish I were going with you. Louisiana is truly a “Sportsman’s Paradise” and I love to fish there. Please let us know the results of your trip and how you liked your guide. We generally go to Hackberry and fish Lake Calcasieu later in the spring. Good luck Popsicle
    Willis Tx.