Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My first Ribs

Panhandle SmokerPanhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first attempt of Carwash Mikes Famous Ribs. Almost to the letter. Very tender and a good bold taste. I used a home made BBQ recipe that I like. Overall very good but may need to tweak the BBQ sauce for ribs.

preped and ready for the Egg
Seasonedandready.jpg

On there way
Beginingofthecook.jpg

My taters have been treed
Tatershavebeentreed.jpg

Right off the Egg
RibsrightofftheEgg.jpg

Served with Twice Egged Taters, Limas and Garden salad
Dinnerisserved.jpg
·

Comments

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,710
    No pics of the new addition?
    ·
  • EGCEGC Posts: 448
    Lookin good. Any chance you want to move you egg down to a house on Navarre for a week when I'm down there?
    ·
  • After a through cleaning removing the bent up bands and mates. It cleaned up pretty good. I picked up a set of bands today I am just waiting for a Nomex Gasket.
    Aftercleanupandremoveddamagedbands.jpg
    ·
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,620
    Eddie,
    Those look great and the treed taters are a hoot :laugh: Smart dog ;)
    great pictures too.
    JJ
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,710
    Looks great. You can definitley age it by the nest
    ·
  • By the way , thats my new table I just finished a few weeks ago Cypress from Harold Saw Mill.
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    And some mighty fine looking ribs they are 1st time or 30th!!! ;) And if that dog did not get at least one bone, you have a front row seat in the deepest recesses of hades waiting on ya!! :laugh: Good job.
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Looks like you did very well. Glad you liked my technique.

Mike
    ·
  • They thikg that when the grills going that I am cooking there dinner. They would not eat there dog food tonight because they knew that the good stuff was coming.
    ·
  • Worked great. Thanks Mike
    ·
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,790
    I guess you're not giving him the "special seasoning" recipe you've used at prior EggFests!!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Evans
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Check in ur thread for egrets. :ohmy:

Mike
    ·
  • Good job Eddie, Looks great!

Ross
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,278
    I sure hope you hit that table with a drop of sauce or something.....looks way to new....LOL.

You'll like the xl for long slow smokes. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • LoveHandlesLoveHandles Posts: 156
    I've got a chocolate female a little taller & bigger than you dog, and theres no way those potatoes would have survived for a second if I looked away. She once ate 5 lbs of raw boneless chicken thighs off my outside kitchen counter ( which is very tall ) before I knew it. I've never seen a dog love food so much.
    ·
  • :laugh: let's all send our hungry dogs down to PSmoker for some training! B)
    ·
  • TuckTuck Posts: 54
    Those look good. I love doing ribs on my Egg. I think my next smoke is going to be a brisket though.

Where'd you get your XL? I live in Pace and got my Large last year over in Gulf Breeze at Majors Home Improvement.
    ·
  • Last June at Pinch a Penny Pool & spa. But just recently started useing it. Had I known I would like it this much I would have had it running last June.
    ·
  • Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    I was driving through there today. If I'd a known you were cooking those I would have stopped by. Looks eggselent thanks.
    ·
  • I am over in your neck of the woods often wife is from Morgan City and I used to commute to Broussard and NOLA.
    ·