Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Life is good!!

Options
KennyG
KennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
bimboss.jpg
<p />Dontcha just love those long holiday party weekends![p]The wife and visiting sister-in-law (devil eyes) both fell prey to the ravages of demon grape last evening. Even the Gizzer appears to have had a few "pops".[p]I took advantage of the stupor and made Carol agree (in writing) to let me Egg some REAL food this weekend and not that low fat nonsense that always seems to follow her home from the store. Men have been known to be desparate at times hehehe[p]Life is good. You folks all have a great one. Whatcha be cooking????[p]stash.jpg[p][p]K~G

Comments

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    kennyg,[p]if by chance, you travel to nc this summer - please leave the health food at home - [p]six chops in the marinade per your instructions[p]as always, thanks for you help!

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    KennyG,[p]I need that smoked pork chop recipe. measures for the brine, times and temps for the smoke. I've got 4 think chops to deal with tomorrow.[p]CB
  • MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    KennyG,
    In writing. Now THAT'S an idea. YOU GO GUY! Looks like they are having too much fun to worry about you. Just put some spares down with JJs rub and buttermilk. Happy Memorial DAY!

• KennyG
    Options
    char buddy ,[p]At your service, my friend![p]Here's the original recipe from eons ago. The refinements I've made are as follows: bone-in "rib" chops instead of boneless loin. Smoke until 130-135° internal if you will be grilling at the end. [p]Just about 1 minute per side at 700+° temps to char up the fat and add grid lines for presentation.[p]The jerk sauce is optional. As I remember, you seemed like the kind of gentleman who can appreciate a little tasty heat.[p]Happy Mem day,[p]K~G

[ul][li]smoked/grilled pork chops[/ul]
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    KennyG,
    That's the way gals look about midnight at the local water'n hole here in Spring Texas USA. All smiley and glassy eyed. Perfect for being the designated driver. Somehow it works. I always end up at someone's home.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Mr. Hyde
    Mr. Hyde Posts: 99
    Options
    KennyG,
    This weekend: Last night was chili. I was cleaning out the 'fridge, and decided to use a mojo pork tenderloin that we had defrosting, as well as some ground beef, and a bunch of peepers from the garden. I threw in some Swamp Venom for good measure. Outstanding stuff. [p]Today we picked up some shrimp, scallops and tuna for tonight, as well as a brisket, and a couple of butts for Monday (one for us, one for the firehouse per Mad Max's suggestion). There will probably be some kind of pasta for Sunday's cook.[p]Maenwhile, I got called into work (I am currently waiting for a couple of servers to reboot), and Tonia is doing all of the cooking.
    [/b]
  • char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    KennyG,[p]yes indeedy. thanks, K-G.[p]CB
  • Dave
    Dave Posts: 163
    Options
    KennyG,[p]I couldn't help but notice the Salmon that you had from Sam's. Please tell me how you fix yours. I am getting ready to get some from the local Sam's here & could stand some hints.[p] Thanks
    Dave

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    KennyG,[p]Say hello to Carol for us and we hope you guys have a great holiday weekend as well.[p]Today I cooked some brats I picked up down at the west side market. Tomorrow it will be steaks. Lately I've been searing around 700*. I think tomorrow I may rev it up full blast. I got the itch after I saw your Cleveland style steaks page! Looks good....[p]Cheers!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    ratboy.jpg
    <p />KennyG,
    Is that Toto (Carin Terrier) there? That little thing looks awful familiar.
    About ready to lose mine, we think he had a heart attack or stroke last night.[p]CWM

• KennyG
    Options
    Car Wash Mike ,[p]The Gizzer (Gizmo)is a Lhapso Apso.[p]I am so sorry to learn of Toto! I understand all too well. My entire life seems to have been a heartbreak every 8 to 10 years when a most dear canine friend and every bit a member of the family has to leave us.[p]The best of luck to you and yours and Toto. I sincerely feel your pain.[p]KennyG[p] [p]