Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dad, that smells fantstic what is on the mini?

lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited 3:34PM in EggHead Forum
cold weather eggin part 2

ox tails and choice chuck

march023.jpg

on the mini with a bit of brian's beech wood just to get some smoke and brown up a bit

march025.jpg

march026.jpg

march030.jpg

later tonight it will be oxtail soup

march029.jpg
·

Comments

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    I love Penzey's spices!! That is another online down fall.....
    ·
  • Julie you think it is bad online we have a store not too far from us and a trip there leaves you with a case of sensory overload and an empty wallet. Everything they stock has a sample jar available to "sniff" or if you are brave to taste. We certainly enjoy our visits.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    bill,

Are you doing the soup on the large? Reason I ask is I have a big pot of broth in the garage and plan on making beef soup tomorrow.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    no i whimped out... browned and smoke on the mini finishing inside ,, tired of being cold..

killerthighs019.jpg

suspect 20 degrees is tee shirt and shorts weather for you..

i did the scotch broth on the large, though..
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    bill,

I know what you mean. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow and I need to get this stock frozen. I think soup would be good on the egg.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    bill

love that mini...on the snow...& wine..... :whistle:

you keep twisting our arm like that....and we.... the whole gang of 9'ers
    will get there......sparky....mikeb.....big'un....littlesteven.....AZRP.....fidel.....flapoolman....bente....& of course beli... :woohoo:
    ·
    when i took the pic my first thought was " who will notice the wine out in the cold" you win! B) hot mini with beef and smoke and cold wine.almost makes one forget how cold it is .. that is until you reply with your late afternoon in paradise picture.. i will be waiting.
    bill
    ·
    bill....voilá....took this one this afternoon while having an espresso by the large palapa......the oven on the right is the Segovian Oven..........All the best mi amigo!!!

DSCN4090.jpg
    ·
    beautiful as always and what do you use to make the espresso

th_misssilvia.jpg
    ·
    bill looks delicious.......my espresso machine is a simple.....Dolce Gusto....looks like a ball & bought it at Sam's.....makes...nice & strong... coffee
    ·
  • I have the exact same Rancilio + grinder too. It makes a wonderful espresso. Had it for a few years and use it everyday. It is a good value for the money imho.
    ·