Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Egg ?

Options
Eggspert
Eggspert Posts: 142
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought a used sbge for $150 this weekend and the gasket needs to be replaced and I was going to put the spring assisted band on it. Has anyone ever put the nomex gasket on the small? i put it on my large and it was fairly simple but, the width of the gasket is made for the large and i really need some ideas on how to cut it. Also, the egg has the scissor hand band and i am not sure if the eggs have changed, in other words, will the spring assisted band work?

Comments

• LoveHandles
    LoveHandles Posts: 156
    Options
    Being a new BGE dealer, I've been building a lot of eggs lately, and the gasket on the small is the same width as the large. The large is just longer. The nomex gaskets have been working great for us lately. Make sure to follow directions for installing. Remember the cleaner the better before installing the gasket. Also, the spring assisted band should fit fine. Don't let the gasket hang over the inside lip. See-Yaa
  • Eggspert
    Eggspert Posts: 142
    Options
    I was told by the mothership that the small and large ceramic bases are different widths, so that would make the gasket overlapp for the small. Correct?
  • Gandy Dancer
    Options
    That is right. Just put excess on out side and cut off with a new razor blade.
  • LoveHandles
    LoveHandles Posts: 156
    Options
    Just measured one for you. I was wrong, the small is 1/4" narrower. Just cut off a 1/4" with scissors and then install it. If you install it, then try to cut it off from the outside, you stand the chance of breaking the glue loose, unless you use a really really sharp razor blade---