Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Freezer organization

Charleston Dave
Charleston Dave Posts: 571
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got a phat AmEx rebate check and Costco had a 14 cu ft standup freezer on sale, so, well, I jumped.

Now I have three non-adjustable shelves, several door racks, and one pull-out wire basket/drawer. The wire shelves would be ideal if I were stacking boxes of frozen pizzas or frozen dinners. I'm noticing, however, that piling up my FoodSaver bags of goodies doesn't work so well. I have pork on one shelf, chicken on another, portioned pulled pork on the shelves, and so on, but the bags end up in just a big heap.

IMG_6473.jpg

I stopped by Bed, Bath and Beyond, Target and WalMart but did not find any baskets suitable for use on the shelves. Seems like they ought to have opening for airflow (like a laundry basket) and not be sealed bins like Rubbermaid or Tupperware storage units.

Does anybody have any clever ways to organize space in freezers, when storing irregularly shaped objects?

Comments