Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for best Pork Chop recipe!

Options
Hammer
Hammer Posts: 1,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought some 2" thick pork chops/bone on, and I am asking for your favorite recipe for cooking same on the BGE!
Thanks for your recommendations and recipes!
Hammer

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    monschop.jpg
    <p />Hammer,[p]Everyone else will probably suggest grilling, I'll be the odd man out here.[p]We still do these bone-in monsters upon occasion. I'm fond of J Appledogs marinade masterpiece of fresh orange juice, a splash or two of rum and optionally, some of her Jerk sauce. A couple of hours will do ya and the longer, the better.[p]I like to smoke them first at 250° dome using hickory chunks. Pull at 135° internal and rest under foil while you crank your Egg up to near 4 digit turbo temps. Blast on high about 1 minute per side to get the grill marks for presentation.[p]Also, Cat's baby back rib spice paste (from the archives) is great with anything pork.[p]K~G

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    Hammer,
    I rub my thick-cut chops down with my favorite rub (Ken Stone's Gilded Splinters) and cook them very much like a TRex steak. I sear them at about 700F, remove them from the egg, and let the egg settle down to about 400F where I dwell them until they reach 145 internal with an instant read thermometer. Pull them off at 145, wrap them in foil, and let them rest a few minutes.[p]If you don't have Gilded Splinters handy, you can use most any rub that is heavy on the sugar to get a great crust. Check the recent post on Alton Brown's rub for a good starting point. [p]BBS-

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Hammer,[p]I cook pork chops pretty much just like I cook steaks, except that I usually don't use smoking wood, and sometimes I change up the rub.[p]Most important suggestion: don't overcook these, they dry out quickly. I usually pull them at 145 internal, roughly 6-7 mins a side for a 1.75" thick chop.[p]Have fun, these are inexpensive and delicious![p]TRex
    [ul][li]How I cook steaks[/ul]
  • Porkchop
    Porkchop Posts: 155
    Options
    Hammer,
    if they're boneless loin chops, simple brine for an hour b4 grilling, then hot and fast. i am a convert to this method for such lean chops. rib chops don't NEED the brine, and can be done slow or fast with great results. but like others have said, don't overcook pork! it ain't necessary anymore.