Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I would like to join your group

Options
Smoking Jeffie
Smoking Jeffie Posts: 6
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
I have battle being over weight all my life. I have always been able to diet and loose the weight. I had 2 major weight lost periods in my live. The 1st time I lost 100 pounds and 2nd time I lost 150 pounds. Both times I could not keep off the weight. May be the 3rd time is the charm. I realize now that it is life style change and not a diet that you stay on year. So I would like to use this forum for suport and my I can help the group as well.

Thank You,
Smoking Jeffie

Comments

• milesofsmiles
    Options
    You are in. Welcome...Hang tough on the weight loss. Stayed mind and do pushaways for exersize. Miles out.
  • EGC
    EGC Posts: 448
    Options
    Welcome aboard! It's been nice having a public place to post to help keep me motivated.
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    You definitely have my support
  • Single Action Egger
    Options
    Smoking Jeff-

I find that I am an "All or Nothing" type of person. Either I'm eating healthy or I'm not.

I have generally been staying away from bread. Yesterday morning there was limited breakfast food around, so I had a couple of slices of home-made raisin bread. That triggered a different type of craving, with Mexican food and chips for lunch. Mid day snack was a pecan roll and two donuts from a local pastry shop (unplanned), dinner at friends with second serving of mashed potatoes. After 9pm I went out and had a Coney Dog with all the fixings and a large strawberry milkshake.

The point of the above is I've basically eaten organic all week with reasonable quantities. Very reasonable. BUT, once I slipped, its all done for the day. It is amazing how that works for ME.

For ME, "moderation in all things" does NOT apply. There is no such thing as ONE slice of pie, one sweet roll, one small serving of ice cream, or one dinner roll. I just need to stay away from the "triggers" and eventually the craving ceases. It worked with tobacco, and for ME, also applies to food.

Good luck.
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    Boy do I know the feeling. Like you I can go awhile without my favorite foods and then my saliva glands and imagination kicks in and then I break.

Having joined the weight group and writing emails when I get the urge to go off the wagon has assisted me in stemming my cravings.

The group has become my mentor and motivation and besides the alternative isn't pretty if i don't lose the weight
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Email me (or post) your starting weight, and then weigh-ins are on Mondays.