Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just wondering

Options
Chef in the Making
Chef in the Making Posts: 902
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
First would you all mind if on occassion I use this forum as my weight loss diary? I don't know how religously I will be in keeping a dairy but I beleive you all have more in common with me when it comes to losing weight: We all have a passion for cooking and good food.

So I thought you all would understand what it is like not to sneak a piece of fresh mozzaralla as you make a fresh pizza or an extra glass of wine as you make sauce or have to taste the food to ensure it has the right amount of spices or the cookie batter because it is stirring you in the face.

Anyway I have been going at this for week and without a doubt it has been a challenge, however, I am making progress. the first question was why I wanted to lose weight other then the doctor said I was fat. To me that is not motivation, the truth but not motivation. Well part of the motivation was my wife a number of years back gave me a coffee mug that said I was a sud muffin with the buns of steel. Well today I am more like a cranberry muffin with crumbs. On top of that I bought as new polar F80 heart monitor, probabably more then what I need but I like gadgets. Then I took their test and also filled out their training questionaire. It came back poor and said I was not fat but obese. Now I never thought i was obesed but it got my attention. If i did not lose weight how long would I be able to do what I like to include hiking, biking rowing fishing even cooking before I have a stroke or even a massive heart attack. Even good genes don't help obese folks in the long run. I have good genes as my Mom is 92 and still lives alone but she is not fat. In fact one of her sayins is You never see old fat people and if ou have ever been in Florida that is a true statement.

I will end now to get an other glass of water to ensure I can't sleep teh night away.

and thanks for lisening.

PS My goal is to loose six butts at nine pounds a butt.

Comments

• EGC
    EGC Posts: 448
    Options
    Looks like you've found the right place. Fidel is keeping a weekly weight loss log for a group of us here. I would think he could add you to the list. I'm fighting off a week of Mardi Gras, minimal exercise and a cold -- this weeks weigh-in is going to suck.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    John's already on the list.

And you aren't the only one having a bad week. I have no excuses, I guess I've just hit a plateau.
  • Midnight Smoker
    Options
    You are definitely in the right spot and feel free to bounce any thoughts you have around.

Motivation is one thing I struggle with also. I've lost more weight over the years than I care to think about. Of course it gets more difficult as the years go by, but I've seen weight loss as a challenge. It's difficult to do so just proving I can do it has been my motiviation. But the weight always comes back and that is where I'll need to find new inspiration.