Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I just bought one and it's my Dad's fault.

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to the local Grills Galore here in my new location here in Raleigh/Durham and picked up the large green egg.[p]I formerly lived in Lawrence,KS and got to enjoy my Dad's green egg every weekend for the last 2 or 3 years. [p]We moved, and it's gone, and my grill sucked compared to it.[p]So now we have one. Unfortunately Grills galore didn't carry the little table but I found it online and ordered that. We have a covered deck so the nest thing wouldn't work too well in the grass, and all the saws I had access too are at my Dad's now. :)

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Tom Boucher, but you are in The Naked Whiz's territory and he would have brought all his tools (and bracing) to help you build a table.[p]Actually, you could have paid for that saw and cordless drill by building your own. If it's not too late, you may want to reconsider. [p]And welcome to the family of fanEGGtics. You already know what it can do but hopefully you can pick up some hints and share some experiences with us as well.

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Wise One,
    Between the wood, the hardware, two sets of wheels and the 18 bottle openers, I spent around $400 on my table. Doh!![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Tom Boucher,
    Yep, you are in my neck of the woods. Email me so I can add you to my list of Triangle ceramic owners! Welcome![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Wise One
    Options
    The Naked Whiz, yeah but 18 bottle openers at $20 apiece ran that price up. I spent about $60 on mine (no bottle openers) and spent $25 to do my "mini-table".

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Wise One,
    Actually, the bottle openers were about $115 total. The wood was $240.
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Wise One
    Options
    The Naked Whiz, but if I remember correctly, you used some very nice wood. My costs may have been a bit lower since I did not have to purchase all the wood I used. Some of the framing was already in my woodshop. I only had to buy the decking (which was pine and cheap). Also, I never got around to staining mine (but I did buy the stain so does that count?).

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Wise One,
    Yep, I bought some nice red oak. I was gonna save some money by buildin' my own.....
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Unknown
    Options
    Tom Boucher, treated lumber, stainless screws, purchased at Home Depot. My table ran me approx. $45 in materials, 3 hrs. time.