Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

storage - plate setter

Options
mukl
mukl Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There are so many great table designs out there, but something just dawned on me...where is the plate setter?

Where do you store your plate setter?
Where do you store extra grids?

Has anyone perfected a hanger for a plate setter? What if it's hot?

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    mine sits out on a table.. if it rains it gets washed :ohmy:

i have a rubbermaid plastic box for the rest of the stuff except guru and coal they both stay inside

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    I have a lot of shelf space in my shed. My pizza stone sits on the shelf, and I have 3 small pieces of 2x4 evenly spaced around it, and my COLD plate setter sits on the 2x4 pieces.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    mukl,

You didn't throw out the gasser did you?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I store the plate setter 3 grids and a few extra eggcessories in my large after it cools down. Including the daisy wheel. The same for my small. Usually clean up the next day when things are cold.Outta site outta mind.
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    I hang my platesetter under the table. Basically just attached some stainless eyes/hooks screws and wire. The eyes are full circles, the hooks are eyes that I cut 1/8" off to make a hook. The wire cable has loops on each each. The eyes/hooks are screwed into the supporting boards of the lower shelf.

Goes like this-- In the back of the table, I have two fixed eyes with a wire going between them. There's enough slack so that I can get a leg of the platesetter to catch it by sliding the platesetter in from the front of the table--basically "blind" and hold the platesetter with two hands. On each side, I have one eye and one hook. The cable is fixed in the eye and hooks for the open loops. With the third leg on the back wire, I can easily use one hand to hold the platesetter and the other to hook the wires.

I can provide more detail or a picture from under the table if that helps. Pic one shows the cables hanging while a pizza cooks, pic two shows the platesetter in there.

When I get a cast iron grate, it will sit on top of the platesetter. The IKEA box holds the pizza stone, rib rack, and everything else.

Pic 1:
    IMG_0154.jpg

Pic 2:
    table_setup.jpg
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    I keep mine on the bottom shelf on a piece of stainless steel. I am going to build a drawer the full width of the table under the bottom shelf this spring.

IMG_8263small.jpg
  • BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    store mine very similar to Kokeman's above pic, however I use three spare "feet" for the Egg to keep any rain water from collecting underneath and freezing (worried about cracking). Then I put my spare top grid on the "legs up" of the plate setter with my pizza stone setting on top of the grid. Not pretty but functional. All are there on the shelf at the Egg.
    Kent Madison MS
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    no hanger - but this works for me and holds a lot of this and that! Just shoves underneath my table when not needed.
    IMG_1389.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • momcooks
    momcooks Posts: 247
    Options
    I leave mine in the egg till it's cooled. I keep everything on a shelf in my woodshed.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I leave my platesetter out till it cools then I have a trapeze thing under the Egg
    p-set.jpg

the raised grid and spider I hang together under the top of the table
    r-grid.jpg

Pizza stone: Under table
    p-stone.jpg
  • Chris in Gwinnett
    Options
    Hey There Flashback- that is pure genius. Really enjoyed this thread as I have wondered as well. Thanks to all.
  • Chris in Gwinnett
    Options
    Hey There Flashback- that is pure genius. Really enjoyed this thread as I have wondered as well. Thanks to all.
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Very good idea, Bob.
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    I keep most everything in my little cabinet

DSC01088.jpg

but I store the plate setter on the paving stone to the left of the Egg on the bottom shelf:

DSC01094.jpg