Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Julie Appledog

mr toad
mr toad Posts: 779
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
miss julie - please email me at mrtoad@charter.net - thanks
See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                    Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large

Comments

• Mr. Toad,[p]I did a variation on your pork loin this weekend. Between the layers I used prosciutto ham, gouda cheese, basil leaves, and a few sundried tomatoes. The guests loved it! There really are a ton of possibilities for that meal.[p]
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    RG, I guess we all do variations on Mr. Toad's Pork Loin. For mine I used spread honey-mustard in lieu of the fig preserves and used a variety of dried fruits instead of the fresh. The person I was doing it for stood over me and said "I would have used feta cheese and fresh oregano." I think I will try that next time but add a few tomatoes and basil to teh mix as well. Any way you do it, the method seems to work.

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    wise one,
    a standing request from my grandchildren is the jerk shrimp using kennyg's recipe - using julie appledog's jerk, italian dressing, honey, and a bit of lime juice - now the question - how do i created a stuffed pork loin using these ingrediants ??[p]

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Mr. Toad,
    Glad to see you are alive! I thought that they may have ate your frog legs! Someday, you should share how you came up with your famous Mr. Toads pork loin with the room. There are a lot of new eggheads here, and I am sure that they would like to hear the story.
    Everytime I cook your recipe, it still gets rave reviews! The perfect wine to go with it(in my opinion) Pinot Noir!
    Hammer

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Mr. Toad, it seems to me that the appropriate method would be to marinate the loin in the Italian dressing (overnight) and the shrimp in the lime juice (for just 30 minutes). Then sprinkle the shrimp with the jerk sauce while slicing the loin so that it is about 1/2" thick. Spread the honey over it and then spread the shrimp about and roll it back up. Cook on a 325 degree grill for about an hour to an hour fiftee. Now that ought to be a marriage of tastes? Speaking of marriages, tell your Alyce hello.