Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fish Tacos Tonight

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Let me start off by saying this is just a practice run because I wanted to test a few theories before breaking out my still unused Griddle Q for my Large Egg. So I used the Griddle Q on the gas grill. I learned a lot by doing so.

Hopefully you will be able to see what I did in this video.

th_FishTacosontheGriddleQ.jpg

Spring "Tony Taco" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• stan
    stan Posts: 51
    Options
    The credits were my favorite.
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    fish tacos :)
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Looks good Leroy. We had them last night, only my soundtrack was Creedence, and I used corn tortillas.... Heheee.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Dang Leroy,

Not only are your gastronomical creations amazing but you are getting amazing at this tech stuff. ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Chris in Gwinnett
    Options
    Should have closed with the word "Fin" in italic font, last 3 seconds as the music and the text fade. Cinematic and Culinary perfection. Isn't that the defintion of Nirvana?
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I'm trying...

Changed some batteries the other day. They still had power in 'em too...

Spring "Sparky Flies" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks Susan. They were good. Got high praise from some of the Ranch Staff.

Spring "Gloat'n & Boat'n" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks... And I'll remember to pass that on to Clint next time we're having lunch. He likes to know these little tricks of the trade.

Much appreciation.

Spring "Got Me Some Learn'n To Do" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Shoot... Now I'll have to add you to the credits LOL

Spring "There's Always Something" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I'm an elevator music sorta guy. Puts people to sleep so I can leave early.

I also prefer the flour tortillas. Spring Hen likes the corn ones. We had both.

Spring "Shoulda Played Some Salza Music" Chicken
  • 1shot
    1shot Posts: 67
    Options
    That was freakin awesome Leroy!!! Although I do think you have way too much time on your hands. hehehehehe!!!!! Hug the Hen for me ;)
  • R&R Futures Trader
    Options
    You have outdone yourself :) We all have a long way to go to catch up to you on that video.

ross
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    I definately want to be within a couple eggs of you at the Oasis!!
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Mightyfine lookin fish tacos. :)

But elevator music? :unsure:

How about some Zydeco or Latino. B)

Nice work Leroy.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Tanks... You should see my "Y" Rated collection hee hee.

Spring "Alphabet Movies" Chicken
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    The theme music brought tears to my eyes. Very well done. BTW, were you hungry, or were you cooking for the Astros? :P

LR
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I just like being in the passing lane.

Spring "Trespassing Minimum Expectations" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Watched the awards last night, did we? Now you want me to catch you at your finest, broadcast it to the world and get you on the stage next year.

Piece 'a cake...

Spring "Live Like Every Performance Could Be Edited Out" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Judy wanted to 'spice' music too but I was already on the elevator. Maybe next time.

You realize I'm doing all of this with the Flip camera I got off of Woot for $79... Video fun without the hole in my wallet.

That one Tom used for the blackened redfish was too expensive for my budget.

Spring "Aiming Two Peas" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Tears must be due to the Hill Country cedar but tanks for the attaboy. As for cooking so much, we were both hungry and we thought they would work for tomorrow's lunch. The fish heats up quickly and well. As do the tortillas. Only thing left is bushes and sauce.

Spring "
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    It's my fault - I vacuum packem 10 to a pack :unsure:

Maria from Houma says I should do 4 to a pack - of course, as always, she is correct. :silly:
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    But what would be the challenge in that?

Spring "Two Handfuls Of Fingers For Count'n" Chicken
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Spring, send me your address and I will send you a couple of packages of creme salsa seasoning. You will have to fiddle with the recipe. It is a basic mayo, red wine vinegar, and seasoning to make the creama salsa. The taco is fish pieces, thinly shredded cabbage, creama salsa, squeeze of lime all in a 8" corn tortilia. My email is pennmo2@aol.com. Good luck to all. Tom
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Sounds like a deal to me... I'll look forward to trying it. email with address is on its way.

Thanks.

Spring "Up And About Checking The Plumbing" Chicken
  • BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    Leroy, What video editing software are you using? The fish tacos look awesome!

Bob
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Can you share what made you decide to get that style of griddle instead of a flat, cast-iron?

Did the PAM keep if from sticking?
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks. The movie making software that came with my computer: Windows Movie Maker. It's easy to use for both still photos and videos, or combos using both.

The video camera is a Flip Ultra. Got it off Woot.com for $74 plus $5 S&H. It runs on two AA batteries and takes up to 60 minutes of video. It's kind of a point and shoot camera without zoom lenses and stuff. Fits in a shirt pocket. Has it's own software built-in for making movies. Even has a flip-out USB plug built in so you can just plug into any computer. I've been more than impressed with it.

I'm still learning. For instance I remade the fish taco video to use some Zydeco music instead of the elevator music I used on the first version. But Photobucket recognized the music as copyrighted and would not allow me to upload to post on the Forum. So I just uploaded it to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnFq2dpqfaU

Take a look now.

I'm having fun with it now to practice for our Alaska Cruise in July. I think I've got the hang of it for both use and for editing to a movie.

Spring "Movie Maker" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I have two or three flat and ribbed cast iron griddles but some things just don't do well on them. I happened to see the Griddle Q on line and liked what I saw. Even so I still didn't buy one at that time. About a year later I was thinking we never use the gas grill anymore and it really should be used for something besides storage. Hummmmmmm! The Griddle Q sure would expand my options on using the gasser.

About that same time we were getting ready for the Coop Party and one of the invitees was also a representative for the BGE distributor here. He called to say they have taken on the Griddle Q line and wondered if he could demo the smallest version that just happens to fit a large Egg. I told him heck yea, and to go ahead an send me a larger one for my gasser and one for my Egg. It was a lot of money I thought but with a lifetime warranty and what I expected to be a great way to expand my cooking options, both on the gasser and the Egg, I looked forward to it. It has been great because I frequently cook breakfast outside now on the gasser and love it. The one for the Egg still hasn't been used but only because I want to show it off at the Texas Eggfest.

I have already concluded that the Griddle Q is by far the best assessory I've ever seen for a gas grill. Even Judy's boss bought one (yes he's the guy with the $117k outdoor kitchen).

I can't wait to try it on the Egg.

Here's their site if you want to know more about it: http://www.littlegriddle.com/products.html

By the way, I still use my cast iron griddle too.

Spring "Griddle Brained" Chicken