Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Customer Service from BGE on the Gasket!

Options
WokOnMedium
WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just received an email back from Bruce and Customer Service. He empathized with my frustration and acknowledge that there have been some issues with gaskets. He also said that he would send me a replacement nomex gasket at no charge.

For anyone who doubted BGE's customer service, it's wonderful! No perhaps I shouldn't have be replacing the gasket, but it's not the first time I've purchased something that needed attention because of something that happened at the factory.

Thank you to all who have provided advice and patience, now I'm going to cancel the order I had placed to pay for the dang thing from an online store that doesn't even have them yet!

Comments

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    I agree! I emailed and Bruce sent me a new Nomex, no charge. Mine did not fail, just smashed flat and black. Still works, but I had a new Nomex with the self stick backing. He sent me one without.
  • snoqualmiesmoker
    Options
    wokonmedium wrote:
    I just received an email back from Bruce and Customer Service. He empathized with my frustration and acknowledge that there have been some issues with gaskets.

A slight understatement! But from what everyone says, Bruce is the man!
  • Good for them because they are charging me for mine. I have two being shipped to me and the one on the small, which is the new egg and is the one that the gasket fell off, I feel should have been a warrenty item.

TXTriker in a public location
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Options
    I agree. I email'd Bruce at the BGE HQ about my gasket problems. He responded that he'd shipped a new Nomex (no adhesive) for my large. Got it within a few days, installed it last weekend and cooked ribs yesterday. Worked great.

Great customer service and a nice guy.

I lurk here and appreciate all the posts.
  • WokOnMedium
    Options
    Well, congratulations on your first post!
  • BuffaloChip
    Options
    In A Public Location wrote:
    Good for them because they are charging me for mine.

Same for me. Wonder what the difference is? I also spoke with Bruce who gave me a telephone number to their store. Not a mention I'd be charged. :S

--Dave
  • WokOnMedium
    Options
    Sent the details in an email to you. Sorry it's too late to actually help.
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    When I called, I spoke with Johnson. I started to tell him I'd just get the gasket from my dealer, because I knew he had some. Then, I thought, since I had them on the phone, I'd go ahead and order it for both eggs. I was really happy that someone answered and that threw me off guard. I did however ask him if it wasn't a warrenty item and he said no. Now, perhaps the old gray felt gasket is replaced at no charge readily. Just depends I guess on who you get and their mood.

I did receive the nomex today and ordered it last Thursday or Friday. Came UPS.