Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Please post your favorite Mini cook with pics!!

BootlegBootleg Posts: 49
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am thinking about purchasing a Mini but I'm not really sure if I will use it. So please post your favorite cook on your Mini. Pictures always help! :)

Bootleg
Evans, GA
·

Comments

• click for slide show

th_minisausage002.jpg

minisausage032.jpg

th_christmas151.jpg

christmas152.jpg

christmas153.jpg

christmas158.jpg

bensburger007.jpg

bensburger017.jpg

bensburger023.jpg

plankedsalmon002.jpg

plankedsalmon003.jpg

i am half way thru my photobucket and figure that is enough for now let me know if you want the rest of them tomorrow time for me to crash
    ·
  • I like the grilling power of the MINI

Chops

SteakChops024.jpg

Steaks

SteakChops016.jpg

The very first Pork butt I did on a ceramic grill was the MINI. Direct at 350 dome for a few hours and it convinced me to get the XL.
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Well Bootleg you caught me at the right time.
    Just about to post some pic's....here goes;
    Tonights dinner mini rack of lamb. It was....how should I put it....sublime.
    BGEMiniRackofLamb004.jpg
    BGEMiniRackofLamb007.jpg
    BGEMiniRackofLamb010.jpg
    Red Eye Express seasoning is right on target. The mini did a great job with indirect setup at 350 degrees dome. Life is good with my mini egg.
    Clay
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Here's a couple ;)

021-8.jpg

012-18.jpg

020-8.jpg

017-24.jpg
    ·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    nice doug but he said cook not cooks!! LOL
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Here is the pic I missed, must be the wine....
    BGEMiniRackofLamb010.jpg
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,953
    Morning Bootleg:

Like bill, I have too many cooks to post my "favorite" as they have all been good, but here are a few...

TRI-TIP from last week...
    P2130007.jpg

and finished...
    P2130008.jpg

and the LINK to cook

Burgers anytime...these were done while on vacation in Marco Island in 2007
    P9250003.jpg

Also did a 3# ham that week...
    P9240003.jpg

P9240006.jpg

That's enough for now...I was trying to find the one with Tator Tots at the Florida EggFest a few years ago.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • If you have more than one favorite please post them all!!! :woohoo:

Bootleg
    Evans, GA
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I love my mini. You'll use it if you like to sear things. It is quick to heat and works great for simple dinners and involved cooks. It does a great job on sausages, chicken breasts/thighs, fish....but searing steaks and chops is where it really shines.

Done2.jpg

SteaksCooking.jpg

TunaSteak.jpg
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    Rod

Those are some really good pics. What camera are you using?
    ·
  • BasscatBasscat Posts: 642
    Hmmm, either this...

GameHenMini.jpg

This....

ElkBurgers.jpg

Or this...

RibEyeonMini.jpg

Got mine at Christmas and use it constantly. Usually just cooking for me, but it's great for cooking for 2 as well.
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Thanks JoJo.

I use a Nikon D40x. I believe those were taken with the standard 18-55mm lens - they are all older photos (I think those steaks were one of the first cooks on my mini).
    ·
  • I only have one pic of a mini cook, it was my second which was about a 4 lb sirloin roast. The foil on the roast is where it would touch the dome.
    IMG_1423.jpg

I've also cooked a few 3.5 lb chickens, swordfish, steaks, drumsticks, steak tips- lots of stuff. I am still learning as I find the mini is more challenging when you are putting a lot of meat in it. When the meat covers most of the grill area it blocks the draft somewhat so under those circumstances temp control can get tricky.

I don't cook as well on it as a lot of the other posters, but I recommend making yourself a raised grid. I bought an extra grid when I got my mini and made a raised grid out of it and I use it for most cooks. For indirect I'll fold up a piece of aluminum foil and stick it on the lower grill - works great!
    ·
  • NJ-GrEGGNJ-GrEGG Posts: 171
    These are great pics! Is the Mini ideal for only cooks above 300F or can you do one slab of ribs at 250F over a course of 4-5 hours?
    ·
  • Here are a couple

Grilled salmon
    IMG_3403800x600.jpg

Stuffed wings smoked with sugar cane
    IMG_3212800x600.jpg

Ribeye
    IMG_3164800x600.jpg

Cornbread
    IMG_3107800x600.jpg
    ·
  • I like your platesetter!