Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Posole?

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey, southwestern Eggers! Anybody ever do posole on the Egg? Got me a can of posole, a pound of pork (shoulder cut as country ribs), and a cupboard of spices. I figure I'll make some posole this weekend. What I have in mind is to rub down the pork with a chili-heavy rub and cook direct at 350 to 400° "until done". Chop coarse and add to the posole in the baby dutch oven, add chili and spices (garlic, oregano and ???) and let it all simmer down around 225° indirect for an hour or two.
Anybdy got any experience? Anybody got any spicing suggestions?[p]Ken

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    This recipe looks pretty good Ken.
    Larry

[ul][li]Posole Recipes[/ul]
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    YB,
    Yes it DO! Gonna copy it out as inspiration for the finished product. And I'll be glad to post or email the final take on the recipe early next week.[p]Thanks,
    Ken

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    Please do post the recipe when you make it...I think the last recipe looked the best.
    Larry

• CR
    CR Posts: 175
    Options
    BlueSmoke, have had posole many times but not prepared on the Egg, but I bet it would come out very good. My ex was from Mexico and she made it quite often. It is a "clear" soup with pork, chichen pieces, and beef pieces(any combination you like).The one ingredient that is always included in posole is the big white corn called hominy; this really makes the dish. We always topped the soup with a little fresh shredded cabbage, a few thin slices of fresh radish, and sometimes a small wedge of avocado.[p]I see some of the recipes call for beans but I've never had it that way.[p]
    [p]