Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

salmon

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a two pound salmon fillet that I want to grill but I have never grilled fish on the egg. I need some suggestions like temp, time, smoke, no smoke, flip it or not, straight on the grid, indirect? Those type of things. Also, should I use any seasonings or marinade. I have apple and hickory wood.
Thanks,
Ryan

Comments

• ryan in MS,
    historically, i never did anything more than rub it good with olive oil, lay some thin slices of lemon on top, and grill it direct at around 35 - 375 until done (about 15- 20 minutes depending on thickness) without turning (the darn things stay so moist on the egg that they are hard to turn without them falling apart on you). ..if you leave the skin side down, the skin will char, but it will protect and leave the fish beautiful and moist . . [p]now lately, we have been using dizzy pig (tsunami spin and/or raging river (after first coating with olive oil), and they have been really great. . [p]good luck

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    nb%27s-salmon-glazing-crop.png
    <p />ryan in MS,[p]Here's a pic of Nature Boy's salmon from Eggfest a couple of weeks ago....his was covered with Raging River Rub and then glazed with maple syrup and butter.....it was just outstanding! I believe it was direct on a raised grid.[p]Really yummy stuff!
    QBabe
    :~)