Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

\"Vous\"doo Ribs (Pic XXXXL)

Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The day got off to a great start
003-3.jpg
Arrived this morning, snagged it off ebay for 29 bucks shipped.

I cleaned out the egg and loaded with fresh Full Circle(only decent stuff I can find) and Jack Daniel's barrel chips. Threw on two fatties for an afternoon snack. One each of regular and hot. Rolled in JH Pecan, wrapped in bacon and hit it with black pepper
004-1.jpg
005-2.jpg
006-3.jpg

"Plowboy" has some character(note the small chip and bent ring :blush: )
007-3.jpg

Now for the ribs...
Here is the theme
002-2.jpg
My parents were vacationing in Texas, and stayed overnight in Memphis. They brought some goodies home B)

Glaze
Modded Gaulden's Glaze
1/3C Dijon
1C brown sugar
1/3 C cider vinegar
T of coarse grained mustard
splash or two of No. 7 :evil:

Spritz
1/2 C H2O
1/2 C cider vinegar
splash or two of No. 7 :evil:

Setup
Platesetter legs up, 3 equally cut firebricks, drip pan, and then Steve Raichlen's rib rack laying on the drip pan. 1hr in, rotated and sprayed
008-2.jpg

2hrs in, rotated and sprayed
009-1.jpg
010-2.jpg

We had a little fun with this. I did 4 different half racks. Dry, Sauced, Glazed, and Glazed w/ Sauce. Here are pics of each plate...

DRY
012-1.jpg
013-2.jpg

SAUCED
021.jpg
023-1.jpg
022.jpg

GLAZED
015.jpg
016.jpg
017-1.jpg

GLAZED W/ SAUCE
018-1.jpg
019.jpg
020.jpg

I cannot take credit for the sides. My parents brought back BBQ baked beans on ice yesterday from Gary's Catfish and BBQ in Lebanon, MO. They were really good.

I personally liked the dry ribs best, everyone else favored the glazed with sauce ribs.

Finally finished up around 8pm. Had to relax(and stick to the theme :evil: ) after a long day...
011-3.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read. I apologize for all the pics but I very seldom get a full day to egg and I had an itchy trigger finger ;)
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments