Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nightime Smokin'

Austin Smoker
Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was playing around with the new camera while smoking a couple butts a couple weeks ago. Night+no tripod = a little blurry, but a couple turned out pretty cool.

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0016-2.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Butts were yummy as usual

DSC_0019.jpg

Comments

• nice lighting on trees :) what do you do with the built in grill? :whistle: butts nice, too :cheer:
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Cool seating arrangements you have there.Where is the beer?
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Brad........as usual great cook & photos...you have a beautiful place..those sofas look really comfortable.... ;)
  • Storage!

Desert Oasis Woman wrote:
    nice lighting on trees :) what do you do with the built in grill? :whistle: butts nice, too :cheer:
  • Nice Butts Brad, and nice pictures!

Ross
  • Mr. D
    Mr. D Posts: 32
    Nice setup and I worry about the smoke screwing up my deck roof.

Mr. "DD from Cedar Park
  • Thanks Beli - come to Texas Eggfest and stop by for a "sit" on the sofas - I'll even provide the adult beverages. My place is minutes on the other side of the Lake Travis dam from The Oasis....hmmmm.....pre-party?

Beli wrote:
    Brad........as usual great cook & photos...you have a beautiful place..those sofas look really comfortable.... ;)
  • Austin Smoker--nice layout. Can't show the wife the sofas or else she will try to decorate my space. How often do you restain your cedar. I think I need to put another coat on mine before the summmer hits.

Getting ready to smoke a couple of butts for the inlaws who are visiting to take back to Florida and a brisket for a coworker. First brisket so I hope it goes well.
  • Thanks AG,

the sofas are Target cheapos, but I don't worry about them being out in the elements all the time. I have only stained the Cedar once, when it was first built 2 years ago. Seems to be holding up pretty well, but likely the main posts will need a coat in another year.

Good luck on the brisket...remains my nemesis, always okay, but never great.

AlwaysGolf wrote:
    Austin Smoker--nice layout. Can't show the wife the sofas or else she will try to decorate my space. How often do you restain your cedar. I think I need to put another coat on mine before the summmer hits.

Getting ready to smoke a couple of butts for the inlaws who are visiting to take back to Florida and a brisket for a coworker. First brisket so I hope it goes well.