Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New NOMEX gasket

Harleydog77
Harleydog77 Posts: 217
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just installed my new NOMEX gasket from BGE today. I really hope that this is the trick. I really took my time and did it the right way. I have my fingers crossed.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    it will be ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Every indication has been that folks who take that step have good results.

I called the Showroom store today, but they must be busy selling shiny new eggs, so I sent an email to the customer service department...hopefully I will have Nomex in my hands this week!

Happy Egging to you!!! I'm out of commission for now.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    I would not hold yer breath on next week . . . bruce
    bohannon emailed me back on 02/12 that he would send me a replacement nomex and as of todays mail, nothing :mad:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    just curious . . . did you put glue on the egg and the nomex?
    I watched a video today to get ready to install my new gasket at fredsmusicandbbq.com and there was a message stating that the results would be better to glue the egg and the nomex.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • I put a generous coat of glue on the egg only. I hope that it works though.
  • BullyC
    BullyC Posts: 142
    Hi Loco-enge

I received mine in 3days after I talked
    to bruce at BGE. He may have forgot,
    e-mail him again at Bruce@Biggreenegg.com
    Like other gentlemen said, take your time.
    Give spray 2-3 minutes to setup and go.
    good luck BullyC
  • loco_engr
    I figured it must got lost in the shuffle . . . not in panic mode, I'll drop him an email.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman: