Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Publix pizza dough

emt_24
emt_24 Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is the pizza dough at Publix in the cooler section or the freezer section? I went lookin the other day and could not find it. I asked a couple of people and got the same response...."I dont know if we sell it" :angry:

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    It is usually in front of the deli/bakery section. I shop at 2 Publix and they have sections with their pizza dough & pizza fixings. Ask at the bakery if you do not see it. If they give it to you frozen that is ok. I usually let mine sit out for 2-3 hours minimum to get pliable...we really like Publix dough..
  • emt_24
    Thx for the quick response. I am leavin in a bit and had a hankering for some egged pizza tonight, really been wanting to try that Publix dough since I wont have time to make my own tonight.
  • Of the two I frequent, one has it in an open horizontal cooler in the bakery section while the other has it in a closed upright cooler tucked beside the deli. Took a while to find that one, had to ask.

Be sure to let it sit for several hours at room temperature before using otherwise it will just keep springing back when you try to form your pie.
  • Dirty1
    Dirty1 Posts: 42
    I usually find it in the bakery in the coolers near the cakes. Ask the bakers they usually can pull some out of the walk in if there isn't any out. We have used their dough for years. The sour dough is good for white pizzas if you are looking for something different.
  • emt_24
    Thx guys, I didnt get to stop and look. I went to the dentist today for what was supposed to have a filling replaced, long story short, had a molar pulled. No pizza tonight, just good ole chicken noodle soup. I guess I could heat it on the egg..........just gotta figure out how to keep the noodles from falling thru the grates :silly:
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    emt_24 wrote:
    long story short, had a molar pulled. No pizza tonight, just good ole chicken noodle soup.

Bummer! We'll each eat an extra piece in your honor.

Depending upon how long you're on soft food, I found biscuits and gravy to be a wonderful alternative to soup, yogurt, and pudding when I had my 4 wisdom teeth out. Just load up the biscuit with a lot of gravy, let it soak in, and savor. It was like nectar of the gods (I was on 4 weeks of soft food.....)

And you can bake the biscuits on the Egg...
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • emt_24
    [/quote]I found biscuits and gravy to be a wonderful alternative to soup, yogurt, and pudding when I had my 4 wisdom teeth out. Just load up the biscuit with a lot of gravy, let it soak in, and savor. It was like nectar of the gods (I was on 4 weeks of soft food.....)

And you can bake the biscuits on the Egg...[/quote]

MMMMMMMMM, hadnt thought about that. Sounds better than Chicken noodle soup. Thx for the idea!
  • Knauf
    Knauf Posts: 337
    If you have a Publix Greeenwise organic store near you it is worth the trip to get their 9 grain pizza dough. My wife brought some home a few weeks ago and it was fantastic. Not as doughy as the regular, almost a "meaty" texture that was very nice for a change.
  • Dirty1
    Dirty1 Posts: 42
    As a heads up I have also seen the multi grain dough at the ole standard publix. I haven't had the chance to check out one of the greenwise stores yet as there isn't one open by me. Looking forward to it though.