Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Oven Barbequed Chicken

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,366
edited 11:16AM in EggHead Forum
My wife, Norma, has an oven BBQ chicken that alwys goes over well. I thought, why not egg it?

Grilled some chicken breasts and tenders with DP Swamp venom and lots of cracked peppercorns
DSC_0049-2.jpg

just some onions, red peppers and garlic
DSC_0047-3.jpg
Added a beer and the grilled chicken
DSC_0050-1.jpg
Poured in a half bottle of Carnivore Que
DSC_0052-1.jpg

It will be ready in a little while

DSC_0055-2.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Your eating late :ermm: guessing about 350? Looks like it will be good
  • Little hotter about 400* Very spicy!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I saw the title and came in here all ready to yell "blasphemy" about you cooking in the oven.

I should have known better. Looks good.

Most important question, what kind of beer? I drank a Labatt's tonight with my pizza and thought of you.
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    looks good steve

question do you cook the chicken till done on the egg before you put the chicken in the "beer broth"?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• FockerFocker Posts: 2,054
    Lookin' really good Steve ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    wow...tasty lookin dish Steven...you could toss a couple chopped up taters in there and have a whole meal! how long did you cook in the DO?
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    What a good looking meal...copy..paste. Guessing you wouldn't need to cook the chicken all of the way through since it's going to braise in the liquids.
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Now ya did it, I'm droolin.
    Nice work! :P
  • WilbyWilby Posts: 155
    I have to get a towel to mop up the drool. This is a great idea, thanks for sharing.
  • Gunnar,

Thanks, just a sear

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Clay,

The Carvivore made it

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggtucky,

I did the vegetables for a half an hour, added the beer and chicken for another half hour and in the sauce for about and hour. All about 375*

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Thanks Terry,

I just seared the chicken for some colour. Very moist chicken and the Carnivore really did the trick

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Rod,

Surprised you didn't ask the mods to remove it :laugh:
    It was MGD, didn't want to waste a Canadian on it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Wilby,

Thanks, it is really easy

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Fidel wrote:

Most important question, what kind of beer? I drank a Labatt's tonight with my pizza and thought of you.

LOLOLOL hey Fidel funny how drinking bad beer makes you think of Steven!!! LOLOLOL

you do know that Canada does have better beers then Labatts right??
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Oh yea...but I drink the cheapo stuff with pizza. Just an old college habit.

I have quite a collection of good Canadian brews on hand...thanks to a certain tiny canuck we all know.
  • Tiny????? Little dammt little :laugh:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Steve

that looks sooooooooooooo gooooooood... :woohoo: .....honestly.........but........In my humble home...Carnivore is kept together with the Bombas......in my mother's old China glass cabinet :laugh: they are very vary scarce... :laugh: I'm prepared to add just a few spoonfuls :woohoo:
  • Beli,

Try it with quail breasts then. ;)

Steve

PS Quoting a project in Saltillo

Steve 

Caledon, ON