Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Outdoor Kitchen Progress

DHall
DHall Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After getting advice here a few weeks ago we started work on my outdoor cooking area last week. Although it is not my ultimate outdoor kitchen it is a great addition until we build a house one day down the road. We started with a 20x10 area of our back deck just outside the kitchen.
IMG_3414.jpg
Then added a roof overhead.
IMG_3429-1.jpg
Plywood down before backerboard and tile and electrical going in.
IMG_3441.jpg
IMG_3437.jpg
View from the yard up to the deck
IMG_3443.jpg
And my mini-vineyard
IMG_3444.jpg

Tile is now down and cabinet is going in as we speak. I will post more pics later when I get them off the camera.

Comments

• DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Hey man it is really coming together. I have got the same thing going on at my place. I just ordered materials from Cofer Adams and I start on Monday the roof for my deck.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    It is truly a beautiful thing. I have a couple of friends scheduled to come from North Carolina in May to put a bathroom in my basement. When I see stuff like this I get strong desires to can the bathroom and build a nice big kitchen on my patio.

It was just going to be an Egg table, but you guys are inspiring!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    finally realized why my yard looks so seedy, you guys in warmer climates have a building season, all we have is summer and snow. dont want to build in the summer as its too nice, to difficult to build up the ambition to build when the yard is icey and snowy. more likely its the beer and laziness but now i have a good excuse:laugh: looks to be coming along nicely
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    and to think these kind of projects usually start because you bought a BGE... :P

at least I know that is why my backyard area started....but i am so glad I did it...yours looks great...keep us posted
  • Eggspert
    Eggspert Posts: 142
    DHall- I don't know where your located but, i built an outdoor kitchen last year. I will post pictures tomorrow and maybe give you some ideas, if it's not too late. I spend every chance i get out their and when i am not out their, i am think about it. You will enjoy and a good investment. I just had a refinance done on my house and the actual appraisal went up, which obviously is unheard of right now. The bad part, so did my taxes. You gotta to love the Atlanta taxes. :angry:
  • DHall
    DHall Posts: 180
    Im in Mississippi. I am hoping this will definately add to the appraisal of the house. We just purchased it last July and have completely redone the kitchen and a number of other things. When we were done we had all the original cabinets and countertops from the kitchen still intact and planned on using them in the garage for storage and then I realized one of them fit perfect on the deck and soon enought I began the plans for the outdoor cooking area. I am kinda hesitant to call it an outdoor kitchen bc it is not a full kitchen as there is no fridge but with the two eggs and a double bowl sink with hot water I can do pretty much anything I want out there.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Looking Good! Keep the pics coming!