Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gilded Egg Recipe

Options
BBQBluesStringer
BBQBluesStringer Posts: 398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The Gilded deviled eggs were a big hit! The folks at work powered their way through 60 of 'em yesterday morning. Here's how:[p]3 dozen hard boiled eggs
2/3 cup Hellman's
2 Tbsp dill relish
2 Tbsp sweet relish
2 Tbsp coarse brown prepared mustard
1 tsp salt
Ken Stone's Gilded Splinters
Ground chipotle pepper [p]Peel the hard boiled eggs and coat 6 heavily with Gilded Splinters. Smoke in the egg at 180F for an hour. Chop up the 6 Gilded eggs and reserve. Split the remaining eggs and add their yolks to the Gilded eggs. Save the smoked whites for filling. Add the mayo, relish, mustard, salt, and 1 Tbsp of Gilded Splinters to the yolks and moosh it all up. Put the yolk moosh in a piping bag and fill each of the egg whites. Sprinkle each decoratively with the chipotle (carrying on with the smokey theme). I dare you to eat just one![p]BBS

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,
    I just made some deviled eggs last week. I have done it your way of smoking only the eggs that will be in mix and I have also smoked all of them. I prefer you method. Maybe I over smoked when I did them all.[p]I had search google to find out what a piping bag was, does that work much better then just spooning the mixture back into the eggs???[p]Thanks,[p]New Bob

• Unknown
    Options
    New Bob,
    just put your filling in a Ziploc bag,then cut a small piece off from a bottom corner of the bag. Squeeze the filling out.

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    New Bob,
    Actually I smoked all of the eggs, and chopped up the six "rubbed" eggs in the yolk mix. Piping bags (or the zip-lock variety mentioned in another post) just make less mess than spooning, and you can use a decorative tip if you want to get real fancy and put swirls and curlie-ques in your eggs. The yolk moosh has to have more mayo than I like to do the decorations well.[p]By the way, if you have the piping tips, you can drop one into the snipped corner of a zip-lock and use it just as if it were in a piping bag. That saves you from having to wash the re-usable bag.