Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg Owner

Options
willmw
willmw Posts: 41
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings everyone. I just got a large egg Friday afternoon. Hectic weekend has prevented me from getting a lot done on it, but I have tried (shudder) Frozen Pizza on stone (Excellent!) and made some of the best baked potatoes I've ever had. Have some rib eyes and pork loin in the fridge waiting for thier turn...[p]Very Excited and impressed. I've had no problems so far with starting up and easily maintaining a temp. Was somewhat concerned that might take a while to get the hang of, but it's been a breeze so far.[p]Very pleased this forum exists...I'll be doing a lot of reading here learning from everyone elses experience.[p]Cheers!

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    willmw,
    Welcome! I think I speak for all of us when I say we're looking forward to learning from your experience.[p]Ken

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    willmw,
    Welcomem
    Another new egger, that's great. Lot's of help here so read the forum often and let us know what you're cooking. Good luck and be sure to learn about the flashback if you are not aware of it.[p]Here is a link to the Naked Whiz's website. On the right side of the page near the top click on Flashback (it has a burning fire next to it)
    Check his site out for other information you might like and links to other BBQ sites.[p]Cheer,
    New Bob

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz[/ul]
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    willmw, if you can do frozen pizza on the BGE you're only 10 minutes away from doing a homemade pizza on the BGE. Try one (my first try I had a frozen pizza in reserve - just in case)and I think you will be surprised at how easy it is. Then think about trying a Boston Butt overnight. You will be amazed.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    willmw,
    Welcome!
    Following this forum is much like going to culinary school for BBQ! The amount of information that passes through this little forum is phenominal. If it is a breeze for you already, just think what will happen after a few years of hangin out here??[p]Plus....you might just make a few real good friends...as I have!
    What's cooking next?[p]Beers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ