Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I bought an Egg

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings,[p]Purchased an Egg friday. Large to be exact. Did my first and second cooks with chicken breast (seems to be the fav for 1st cooks). I am impressed but not totally wowed yet.[p]Going to try my hand at salmon and lobster tomorrow for Mothers day anybody have any suggestions?[p](btw I stopped in at the eggfest last weekend for a few min if you egg festers remember the "stranger" checking things out)

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    luvspbnj, I'd say that was the same way I was. Impressed but not overly inpressed. And during th enext three years I have had some cooks that were very impressive and cooks that were failures. But the more I have cooked the more I have been impressed with the cooker if not the chef. I'm getting to the point where I am far more consistent and thatisusually consistently good which pleases me. I have cooked things on the BGE that I would have never imagined doing on my old cooker. Hopefully you'll find that you like the BGE more and more. And hopefully you won't be a "stranger" much longer. [p]Personally I have never done lobster but Gretl's salmon in the recipe section above is always great.

[ul][li]Gretl's salmon[/ul]
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    luvspbnj,
    Chicken breasts are hit or miss no matter what cooker you use. The BGE will WOW you once you do things like smoke ribs for 4 hrs at a temp around 280 and then with the same load of lump open the vents to get the temp up to 700 and sear steaks.
    [/b]
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    luvspbnj,
    Smokin' echos my thoughts exactly. Hard to really wow someone with chicken breasts. The more you cook, the more you'll be impressed, especially once you start doing some longer cooks and don't have to worry constantly about adjusting the fire, etc.
    Hang in there...it's a good choice. You didn't go wrong! And when you need friendly advice or encouragement, look here!

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Valentine%2bDinner%2b03%26.src=ph%26.view=t
    <p />luvspbnj,
    I have used this recipe for lobster taila a couple of times and it is GREAT.
    Larry

[ul][li]Dwell in the Shell[/ul]
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    luvspbnj,
    Here is the picture of the Lobster tails.
    Larry

[ul][li]Lobster Tails[/ul]
  • jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    luvspbnj,
    Where a ceramic cooker really shows its stuff is a low and slow.