Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

tables

RibheadRibhead Posts: 123
edited 5:34AM in EggHead Forum
OK - I think I am officially registered! So I wanted to try a post!

Being home sick - I am continuing my research on tables! I have been to nakedwhiz and have been overwhelmed with great tables!

I know I want to go with a table, but I retarded when it comes to any mechanical skills! Everyone says 'build your own table'. But I can't:)

Would I be a fool to spend the big money and purchase a BIG GREEN EGG TABLE? anyone have one? are they good quality?

Thanks

Comments

• I did this one in 1 day @ a cost of $165. This the first thing like this I'v ever done
    0128091103-01.jpg
    This is the link I used
    http://www.biggreenegg.com/pdf/tableplansLarge.pdf
    0129090917-00.jpg
  • Ribhead,
    I'm glad you joined the cult as far as tables go thats for you to do. I built mine form a kithcen cart and put a wood top on it. You can find on whiz sit.
    Good Luck,

Ross
  • Go ahead and buy one- they look good to me!
    I built mine but I wanted to.

Or do the nest and eggmates.

I live in the Northeast so I have to cover the table and Egg when not in use to help preserve the wood. Something to consider. It also takes up more room than the nest and 'mates.
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Employ a local handy man to build you one with the plans you find. Less than the BGE table and you get satisfaction.
  • I bought my LBGE used and it came with a compact table. It does the job. Had I bought my egg new I would have had one of my cousins or tried to build it myself. It is a little crappy especially since the dude who sold it to me paid over $200 for it, not worth it in my opinion. Also, the cover SUCKS. It helps keep it protected, but if you are working in a small space like myself, it is a huge pain to get on. But again these are my opinions that I have developed from only egging a couple of months.
    tim