Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This Afternoon's Cook Ribeye Roast Pic Heavy

Options
TXTriker
TXTriker Posts: 1,177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife bought a bone in ribeye roast at a great price at our Randall's (Safeway) and she did a marinade of Zesty Italian dressing and Worchestshire Sauce.

DSC09375.jpg

DSC09379.jpg

DSC09380.jpg

DSC09382.jpg

Put the baked potatoes on the small egg at about 375*

DSC09391.jpg

Enjoy my backyard with me.

DSC09383.jpg

DSC09384.jpg

DSC09385.jpg

DSC09387.jpg

Ready to come off

DSC09393.jpg

DSC09394.jpg

DSC09401.jpg

We pulled the roast after it hit 153*. I believe it should have come off about 147*. This was about a
1 3/4 hour cook and the potatoes on the small were on for 2 hours. Very good cook.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice Ray!! Food and yard is beutiful!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • TXTriker
    Options
    Thank you Molly and I'm sorry we didn't get to Cripple Creek to see you but things just didn't permit this. We returned Tuesday and this was the first time I was able to cook on the eggs.
  • AlwaysGolf
    Options
    Good looking cook, wife is not a beef eater. Do you always cook your potatoes indirect. I usually do mine direct, skin comes out a little crispy. What golf course is that in your backyard by the way.
  • TXTriker
    Options
    I have done my potatoes indirect and not direct. I have always enjoyed the skin. I'll have to try direct some time and see how that goes when I'm not trying to time two items like this. I'm too new to be comfortable that way plus I didn't know how the small was going to perform since I pulled the top gasket off before I put the food on.

The course is Shore, 3rd fairway at South Shore Harbour here in League City.
  • NibbleMeThis
    Options
    It looks great! I prefer mine a bit more rare but my father would LOVE it.

I LOVE your table tile work. Did you do that yourself? If so, I have a few questions as we did our own last year and have had some issues come up. We're going to redo it this spring and could use some pointers.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Very nice. I am getting hungry.

GG
  • TXTriker
    Options
    Hi Chris. Next time, we will pull it sooner. About 147* is maybe about right. I like it more red also, but I have to find a happy medium for Susie.

The island was made by my dealer. It is on wheels so I can, with effort, move it under cover of the patio when I finish cooking. The whole thing is quite heavy. Once I get it started and aimed in the right direction, it isn't bad. There is some slope to the pavers so they drain, so I'm pushing it up slightly up hill.

What problems did you have with yours?
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Ray,

That roast has a really nice red color to it on the latter pics. Great view from your backyard, too!
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    what track do you live on....photoegg plays in houston.....t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • TXTriker
    Options
    Yeah I know. We discussed this one time. We live right on FM 2094 on the 3rd fairway of South Shore Harbour. Just close enough to the tee that we don't get as many balls in the yard on hitting the house as some of my neighbors. One of them on each side of us have had to replace sky lights that have been broken. Fortunately we have none. We also only have one window in the back of the house and it is glass block. Our main windows are on the side where the egg is and in front.
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Options
    Greetings from the other side of League City!

The funny thing is that I clicked on this thread witout noticing the username. When I saw the backyard pictures I thought to myself "that kind of looks like South Shore." I don't know why I thought that, because those pictures could have been almost any nice golf course. Then I finally realized "this is my League City friend!"

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • TXTriker
    Options
    Hi Freddie. Good to see you.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Nice pics! I would have seared that roast then cooked it to 125 internal then give it a 15 minute rest under foil. -RP
  • Eggscaper
    Options