I have posted a couple of times about burning up my gasket the first high heat cook I did. Thsis I feel was due to lid alignment issues I could see. I repleaced th egasket with nomex but it still bugged me that i could see the misalignment and the dark ring on the nomex were is was exposed to heat. After studying the hinge I decided to try to legthen the holes on the lid strap bracket that attaches to the spring arm. Worked perfect my lid and base now align and hopefully this will prolong the life of my gasket. I marked them and lengthened the slot forward about 3/16 of an inch. I'm sure someone else has already posted about this but I didn't see the mod on the sight. I'm sure I just searched the wrong thing. Anyway Maybe this will help someone else.