Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Daytona

Options
Carbonizer
Carbonizer Posts: 188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Nascar starts today :) finally---Who's your favorite driver?
I like 5-24-99-48-17-14-6-18-31-29-7-44-88- I guess about anyone as long as its a good race.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options

so i just watch F1 now...

although i will watch juan-pablo (which i am sure somewhere here in the south someone pronounces it "John Pedro Montana") just because he is the only driver in nascar that has the tallent to turn right :ohmy:

so go Kimi!!!

oh well i got another month before the fast cars start going B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Guess who. I predict a Hendrick car or engine will win. I just noticed I need to update my avatar.
  • Buckdodger
    Options
    The wife loves to watch every race she can, I'm a college football freak. She roots for Jr. so I go along with her. May try Talladega this yr if we can get tkts. :)
    Bob
    Alex City Al

Opelika, Alabama
  • 2EggTim
    2EggTim Posts: 170
    Options
    According to our weather report this morning, there's an 80 percent chance of rain today in Daytona. I live about 30 miles north. Track's gonna' be slickety-slick.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I like old school so my heart, not my money, is with Mark Martin.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I am a smoke fan. But I don't know how he will do in that 14 car without Zippy in control.

After yesterday, I'd say he is looking as good as anyone, even though he'll move to the back of the pack due to the practice crash.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    We used to live in Daytona and went back on one occasion to visit.

Until then we were avid NASCAR fans of Number 3, Dale Earnhardt. Alive or dead, he WAS NASCAR to us.

Then we took a ride on the track and stopped right where Dale hit the wall. It was a very emotional moment for us. Most of our enthusiasm for the sport left us during that moment. We have not been able to rekindle it.

The sport is just not the same now.

Spring "Final Lap" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Two places I feel I need to mention to you..

Watkins Glen and Visiton.. They go fast, turn right and even go uphill..

Juan-Pablo is not the only open wheel driver that drives NASCAR. Robbie Gordon does too and as I understand it he does a decent job..

Jeffy Boy does really well on the road courses. Not that I like Jeffy Boy..

So ye with big forked tongue.. SIT ON IT... :woohoo:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    2 out of how many races?????

man that really is showcasing talent...

well at least they have scott speed this year :blink:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb