Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonights cook

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
8.25# butt for tonight, rubbed with Dizzy Dust coarse grind,mustard and a little more Dust. Wrapped in saran wrap and overnight in the fridge.[p]I'm guessing about 16 hours. Anyone else doing a low&slow this weekend.[p]Cheers,
New Bob

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    New Bob,
    still nibbling last weekend's butt. ..tomorrow night its the thick filet minions i cut up when i bought the whole tenderloin a couple of weeks ago. .. . plan to dizzy dust them (cow lick), and do the trex method. .. .[p]enjoy your weekend!!!

• RayS
    RayS Posts: 114
    Options
    New Bob,[p]Same idea Bob. I took the day off today to get some work done around the house, but before I did anything I went to the grocery store this morning where they had pork on sale so I decided to make Pulled Pork for dinner tonight. Mine is only 3 1/2 #s rubbed down with Dizzy Pig. The temperature is sitting at abount 170 right now. [p]Oh yeah the work, well maybe tomorrow. ;)[p]Have a good weekend. [p]Rays
  • Bordello
    Options
    RayS,
    The reason I got such a large one is my 2 neighbors are asking me to do it. Do you recall the price of pork there (wherever there is LOL) I paid $1.99 per #.[p]Enjoy your pork and have a good weekend.[p]New Bob

• RayS
    RayS Posts: 114
    Options
    New Bob,[p]Normally I don't worry too much about the price, I have too much of a passion for good food, but for you I went out to the trash can to get the sticker off the package. The price here in Ontario Canada is $5.05 per kilogram which works out to about $2.30 per pound ( on sale price ). Most of the pork roasts around here are in the 3 to 5 lb. range at the grocery store.[p]Rays
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    New Bob,
    Ray lives about 40 miles from me, so I hope he caught the sales I did this week at chain stores in our region. One had shoulder roasts, picnic portion, running 8-10 lbs for .97 lb and the other chain (A&P; that's in the US too, isn't it? Ray and are in Canada) had the same thing for 1.30 lb...
    I've got a 9 lber going on later tonight for a Saturday early Mother's Day meal.....
    Qfan

• Bordello
    Options
    RayS,
    WOW, thanks for going the extra mile. I don't normally compare either but when I read that you got it on sale thought to ask just out of curiosity. [p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• Bordello
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    Not sure about A&P. Sounds like you got a great price for the area. I'm planing on putting my butt in around 8 or 9 tonight. Got to keep my neighbors happy.[p]Enjoy your Mother's day meal.[p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    RayS,
    My pork shoulder, Boston Blade was $2.39, 4.45#'s....[p]End product satisfaction...Priceless![p]But the 2 porterhouses were on sale @ $5.28/# (1.15# and 1.49#) They are my bargain meal of the weekend! Don't tell my Dr. I'm going over the 4 ounces allowed...[p]Mike in MN