Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Salmon

Joel Ferman
Joel Ferman Posts: 243
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
P5080086.JPG
<p />Enjoy
-Joel[p]P5080076.JPG[p]P5080080.JPG[p]P5080081.JPG[p]P5080082.JPG[p]P5080083.JPG[p]P5080084.JPG[p]P5080085.JPG[p]P5080086.JPG

Comments

• Joel Ferman,
    looks damn good (although not as sweet tastign as the pictures you sent me the other night :-). .. that looks like some dizzy rub on there. . .is it??. . .if you saw my post the other night, we really liked the raging river on ours. . .[p]did you eat it all yourself?? or do you share. . .bet your roomates love having you around. .. [p]have a good weekend[p]max

• Joel Ferman,[p]Great looking pics (not as good as the last ones though). Most pics I see of salmon, have the salmon over cooked for my preferences.[p]Yours though looks just about how I likes it![p]Have you done salmon brined yet? The link below is to a method I now prefer for salmon. I make extra and refrigerate the left overs in individual zip lock bags. Then I just pull them out of the fridge and eat them cold. Might even be better out the fridge.[p]Keep em Smokin,
    Jethro

[ul][li]3 Men[/ul]
  • Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Joel,[p]I think I am Jethro, but can no longer be sure.[p]I eat therefore I am.[p]Cornfused (Not Cornfed),
    Jethro

• Joel Ferman
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Actually, it was for me and my girlfriend, and you guessed it.... Raging River rub, with a few mods.
    -Joel

• Joel Ferman
    djm5x9,
    I'll see if I can do better for you guys. I've got pics of past girls, but I don't think they'd be "appropriate" for the forum. I was thinking naked women caressing the egg.... mmmmmmmm meat and women.
    -Joel

• Joel Ferman
    P9170002.JPG
    <p />Jethro,
    Yeah, I have brined salmon. I don't really think it is worht the effort, but to each their own. Here are some pics of brined and terayaki honey injected salmon steaks I made.... I really smoked the hell outta 'em and made them almost a cakey jerky, they were amazing.
    -Joel[p]P9170003.JPG[p]
    This is just to brighten up the post a bit :-)
    P2020085.JPG

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Joel,
    Some great pics - makes my mouth water. But what about some info on what you did? What seasonings, what temp and how long . . .?