Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak-Restaurant Depot-Atlanta

Options
PhilsGrill
PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For those in the Atlanta area. Here is the scoop for Royal Oak charcoal. Restaurant Depot has two outlets and you do NOT need a membership. You may get a one day pass (once a month) and shop to you drop. Royal Oak, 20 pounds bags, made in USA was $8.40/bag two weeks ago. Call and verify that they have it in stock and make sure they check the back of the bag 1/3 from the bottom to say Made in USA.

Hope this helps.

Comments

• DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    That is AWESOME.....

Thanks for the update Phil
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Your signature links to an encyclopedia B) ...there may have been stranger things on this forum than that....but one would be hard pressed to find it..
  • DrZaius
    Options
    WessB wrote:
    Your signature links to an encyclopedia B) ...there may have been stranger things on this forum than that....but one would be hard pressed to find it..

It so happens to be a link to an encyclopedia about the greatest state in the union my friend. :P
  • DrZaius
    Options
    Oh yeah by the way WESSB I loved checkin out your photo's. I am a very new egger and it was kind of cool puttin faces with all the names. Thanks

:laugh:
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Didn't mean my reply to be confrontational..it was just out of the ordinary...glad you liked the pictures..I been getting lazy with all of the recent fests, and not adding commentary..it is a LOT of work to anyone who hasn't done that....glad your proud of your state..
  • DrZaius
    Options
    I know that was just me being a smart-uh- me. lol :laugh:

I do have a photobucket site and I have not begun to add commentary and I am not looking forward to it.
  • Klag
    Klag Posts: 208
    Options
    How do you get the pass? Just go and get one? Or call in advance or something?

Thanks for any info!
    :)
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Just walk in to the service desk, sign in, they give you a number and off you go. Credit cards only with the one day pass, no checks unless you have an account. No problem. Call ahead of time and have them check for the correct Made in USA lump, because they also have the Argentina lump at times.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I use the Agentina lump all the time and it is fine. Now I will say some of it sparks like I am shooting a .22 caliber but it still cooks fine...I have the USA & BGE lump do the same it just depends.... B)
  • Ashman
    Ashman Posts: 375
    Options
    Turns out we have a new Restaurant Depot in Jacksonville, Fl. I clicked on their ad and they have Royal Oak Lump Charcoal 20lb bag on sale for $7.99. :cheer: Oh happy day!!! Guess where I'm heading?

This just keeps on getting better. I filled out the membership application and I got a $25.00 Off coupon if I spend $100.00 on my first trip. That will be 13 bags for &78.87. :silly: :woohoo:

Gordon
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    You will spend more than $100 your first trip. And every trip thereafter.

Don't miss the meat cooler.