Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today was a 3-fer

Options
Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
1) 70 & sunny;

2) Little brown truck brought a box, opened the box, found a bottle, opened the bottle, don’t think its olive oil in there, thanks Buxwheat;

3) because of 1 & 2, decided to take mini out of the porch & set’um on his perch, collect the necessary tools, & do my favorite mini cook:

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Okay, I’ll bite. If it wasn’t olive oil what is the magic elixir? Something to enhance the salmon?
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • canada rib boy
    Options
    Good going, looks like you broke the code. Great PICS
  • Zippylip
    Options
    90 proof Windex, a/k/a Limoncello, my digestive of choice :) . So I guess in a sense it does enhance the salmon (or at least it enhances the guy cookin the salmon)
    happy in the hut
  • Buxwheat
    Buxwheat Posts: 727
    Options
    Glad it made it intact and that the brown truck driver didn't sample any. Hope you enjoy it. I thought it was a pretty good batch, albeit a little too high a proof. I should have cut it by maybe a third again. Still, goes down pretty easily.
  • Zippylip
    Options
    We'll give it a whirl soon, I have about 1/4 of a bottle left in the current stash - you have mail
    happy in the hut
  • BostonEggSox
    Options
    It's nice to see a Sammy in there with the steak. In your honest opinion Yuengling or Sam? I'm guessing you've compared B)
  • Buxwheat
    Options
    IMHO, Yuengling is the East Coast version of Coors in the 70's. We couldn't get Coors East of the Mississippi and would pay dearly for someone out west to smuggle us some of that Nectar from the Rockies. When it became available everywhere I finally realized it's just mediocre beer at best. Same way with Olympia (haven't found that in years). Enter Yuengling: Everyone started raving about the oldest brewery in America and how great this stuff is. Availability has now increased and we finally got a taste of this historical brew down South: Bleecch! The Coors effect all over again. My son gave me a case for Christmas a couple of years ago. Was not disappointed when the last bottle was gone. Want some good beer from PA? Try any of Victory Brewing Company's offerings. Especially Prima Pils. Victory
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    are you making your own, which one is best at the liquor store. limoncello is my ice fishing drink this winter so ive been taste testing
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Zippylip
    Options
    B, the Victory brewery is 15 minutes from my house :):):)
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options
    I am not, I am currently working on a bottle of Villa Massa of Sorrento, but all of the stuff imported from that region of Italy should be good
    happy in the hut
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    thats the one ive liked best so far, ive got another in a long neck bottle, dont remember the name, but its a little rough with the first sip and then gets better as you go along. much better than my usual icefishing crest toothpaste breath freshener McGillicuddy mentholmint, i see he makes a lemon one now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BostonEggSox
    Options
    Thanks Bux....The reason I asked, a young friend of mine was a beer chick for Sam Adams (Boston Beer Co.). As much as Sammy is applauded up here in MA, she said they had a hard time cracking big sales much further South was due to Yuengling.

I knew Zippy was a PA guy and thought it very cool to see a Sammy in his picture.

I will be in PA in May on business and will try a Yuengling and Victory.

I remember the Coors craze/faze.....It's funny you mention that.

If you ever get a chance to try Sam Double Bock, yum and don't drive after a few :silly:
  • Buxwheat
    Options
    Yuengling has been available in NC and SC for a while now, but just now hitting GA. My son had his sister pick me up a case in NC when they were driving down from MA for Christmas. When folks came over to the house and I offered them beer, they all got excited at the mention of Yuengling. I was more than happy for them to help me get rid of the swill and preserve my stash of good beer. Sam makes some pretty good beers. We went to the Cape this summer and I tried several local brewers (Cisco, Cape Codd, Off Shore Ale, Cape Ann), lot's of good brews. I also like a lot of Harpoon's offerings.
    Consumed many cold adult beverages in a little watering hole across the street from this place: IMG_1780.jpg
  • BostonEggSox
    Options
    There's a good chance I was close by :)

Long Trail out of VT is good too. Their on site pub is an awesome stop on the way to Killington Mt.

Looks like these guys like the old standby.
    image001.jpg
  • Buxwheat
    Options
    I'm originally from VT. Had some of the Long Trail brews this summer, also. Great beer selection at the package store in my daughter's town: Whitinsville
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    victory prima pils is my favorite and regular beer followed by yuengling porter. good stuff if you like porter,,

click for adult beverage slide show

th_ramdom005.jpg
  • Buxwheat
    Options
    I'll have to take you up on the Yuengling Porter. Anyone that recognizes a great brew like Prima Pils must have an educated palate. And besides, with winter upon us (except for the spring like weather we're having today), it's a good time to enjoy porters or some Russian Imperial Stout. Here's a good one:
    Old Rasputin
  • R&R Futures Trader
    Options
    Gosh, someone else remebers the hype these impossible to obtain beers get. I remeber in the 70's the prize of getting Coors brought in. The same for Yuengling till recently, now it's just a common beer, ok, but not great.

I'm hoping for the Abita hype to start. It's brewed outside New Orleans and although some of the speciality beers can be found in TN, like Turbo Dog, the amber is hard to find.

The grass, I mean beer is always better over the fence. :)