Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Idea for drums and drumettes

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The family and I had some pretty darn yummy chicken wings at a local Chinese place the other day. These were the drum-ette portions only. What made them stand out, however, was the preparation.[p]These had the meat all separated from the bottom portion of the bone, and kinda bunched up into a ball at the top, battered, then deep fried.[p]I do love my wings, but after several of them I get a bit tired of fumbling around with all those icky tendons and such. This is even worse for the drumstick with that nasty tendon that seems to stick out at odd angles on a cooked chicken leg...[p]Soooo, I'm thinking I'll try this technique to prepare my next batch of chicken parts. I'll "circum-slice" (my new word!) around the base of the bone, cut off the tendon, and allow the meat to form in a ball at the other end.[p]Anybody tried anything even remotely like this? Have you tried ANY form of pre-cooking trimming of a drumstick? How'd it turn out?[p]Thanks all,
bc

Comments