Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Tonight!!! Newbie Getting Better!

Options
Nucman
Nucman Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This was another attempt at pizza. Glad to say that things are improving in the world of homemade pizza making . Can't wait to try AZRP's recipe next time.

Once again, I guess I went a little overboard with the pix.

DSC_7626.jpg

DSC_7627.jpg

DSC_7628.jpg

DSC_7630.jpg

DSC_7631.jpg

DSC_7636.jpg

DSC_7638.jpg

DSC_7639.jpg

DSC_7640.jpg

DSC_7642.jpg

DSC_7646.jpg

DSC_7648.jpg

DSC_7649.jpg

DSC_7651.jpg

DSC_7652.jpg

This one was especially for my six yr. old son.
DSC_7654.jpg

DSC_7657.jpg

DSC_7661.jpg

DSC_7662.jpg

DSC_7669.jpg

DSC_7675.jpg

DSC_7676.jpg

DSC_7677.jpg

DSC_7681.jpg

That's it! As I said before, can't wait to mix up some of AZRP's recipe soon to give it a try.

Happy Eggin'!

Comments

• Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :P lookin'lip-smaking good
    didn't look like za was soggy with all thoughs fresh veggies--always a worry (and a problem in oven) so we've been limiting amount of toppings. What has your experience been? Thanks B)
  • luis70458
    Options
    Where did you fin the recipe??I need to try a pizza and need a good recipe.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    There's no such thing as Overboard!

Lookin' great! :woohoo:

~ B
  • Nucman
    Options
    Definitely not soggy enough to complain about! Although the one w/o the veggies was definitely more crispy. I like the veggies. I will give up a little crispiness in return for the veggies! Next time, I will try some mushrooms and olives. The Roma tomatoes are the best! I will NEVER cook another pizza i the kitchen oven again!!!
  • Nucman
    Options
    I actually got the dough tip from Bayouegger. It's a slightly modified version of a recipe from Emeril's website for Rosemary Focaccia Bread. Here's the link:

http://www.emerils.com/recipe/5908/Rosemary-Focaccia

Follow the recipe as directed until the dough has doubled in size. Please make sure to add the 1 Tablespoon of chopped fresh Rosemary when you add the flour to the recipe. I use King Arthur Bread Flour. After the dough has risen to double it's size, I punch it down then divide it into 4 equal parts. I take one of the pieces and flatten it out into a disc with my fingers and then stretch it into a 12" pizza crust. The pieces I don't use, I wrap with plastic wrap and put into the fridge. When I want to use it, I take it out a couple of hours in advance so that it will come to room temp and then I flatten it out into a disc with my fingers from the center outward then stretch it out into a 12" pizza crust. Top with your favorite toppings and bake on the BGE @ 500* for 15 minutes on a pre-heated pizza stone on the platesetter with legs down.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    I said the same thing about never cooking pizza inside.....you've been bit!
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Great looking pizzas!! Can't ever have too many pics!!
  • Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    Love all the picts. Good looking pie. B)