Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty Question

Options
Broc
Broc Posts: 1,398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had a Medium for about three years, and just noticed that my CI grid is cracked. :(

Is this covered by warranty? :unsure:

~ Broc
:whistle: :huh: :ermm:

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    feel lucky - that's a stress release crack. With the circular outer rim design when the center gets hot and the ring is cooler the metal expansion creates stress. I've heard of guys who saw 3 to 4 spots before ever using them...good idea!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • NibbleMeThis
    Options
    Mine is cracked but it has stayed like that since it cracked, hasn't gotten any worse. It still works great, no performance issues.

Not sure if it is covered by warranty but didn't bother checking since it works just fine and I've seen people on here with theirs broken in two, working flawlessly.

If it's an issue, I'd check with your dealer to see if they can resolve it. But IMHO, if its just cracked, I wouldn't bother with the drive:)
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    sounds like you just got it "broke" in
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Mine is cracked also and when I stoped at the Mother Ship I asked about it and yes it is coverd. Rather than waiting untill it breaks in half and then calling them and getting a new one shipped they just gave me a new one on the spot.
    Once again the customer service ai Big Green is top shelf.
    Yes I'm glad i bougt an Egg. :laugh:
    Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Grandpas Grub
    Options
    That is very nice to hear. I had always though the CI wasn't covered.

GG
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Right, my dealer made it a point to mention saving the reciept so there would be no question about a warranty claim.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Thanks, All --

Appreciate your prompt responses --

~ Broc