Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest - wondering what they are doing

Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yeousers - raining cats and dogs here! The weather radar looks good for Eggfest so I trust the rain is well south and down my way from them. The Eggs should have been lit about 1.5 hrs ago so the first meals should be rolling off the production line about now or in a short time. We should have had someone there with a cell phone give us a call now and then to report on the event and let us know what was being served. The original Webmaster here, Bill Miller, had a live webcam set up at the 2nd Eggtoberfest in 1999 and those that couldn't make it could at least see it live. That was fun! I hope to start seeing some pictures later today.[p]Tim --- in the rain again

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Tim M,
    I got a call from KennyG about 8 this am.He said it was cool but not raining.Ken was getting ready to put on his chili because sometimes it takes awhile to cook hehehe.
    Larry

[ul][li]YB,TimM and KennyG at last years eggfest[/ul]
  • Jeff J
    Jeff J Posts: 55
    Tim M, someone should set up a live cam feed, so we can see the action! Then someone should invent a smell-cam.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Tim M, well here it is almost noon and NO POSTINGS from EGGfest. Guess those guys have something better to do than to sit down at a computer and post a message. :-)

• Tim M
    Wise One,[p]You know, I see all these commercials for Sprint with the phones that take pictures etc - yet it seems that none of our folks at Eggfest are that up-to-date. It's a shame! We need more electronically capable people attending these events in the future. [p]Tim
  • Joel Ferman
    Joel Ferman Posts: 243
    Tim M,
    All this Eggfest talk has me wanting to go to eggtoberfest. Is it as big or larger than eggfest? If the whole gang goes, I guess I'll be forced to take a few days off school.
    -Joel

• Tim M
    Joel Ferman,[p]It's 10x bigger - maybe more.[p]The Eggtoberfest98 & Eggtoberfest99 (I went to that one) were small informal get togethers with a couple dozen people cooking and almost everyone knew everyone from the forum. Back in those days you could pop into the forum 2-3 times a week and read all the posts and update yourself. Today that is impossible unless your a real forum junky. Bge decided that the 2000 event would be open to the public and the event was moved to a larger facility next to the Peachtree-Dunwoody airport. I have not been to another Eggtoberfest, but I have heard from everyone who has been there that it is fun but they miss the small crowd atmosphere it use to have. It's so big you can't see all the food and you certainly will never meet everyone. Still, it is something to see and getting together at the hotel before and after was some of the best fun.[p]Tim
  • GaDawg
    GaDawg Posts: 178
    Joel Ferman,
    If you come this year, I'll finally attend myself.
    It seems like every year something comes up and I
    can't make it, but if you're coming all the way from
    California, that will shame me into driving 20 miles
    down the road.
    Chuck

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Joel,[p]Eggtoberfest 2002 attendance was probably somewhere between 400 and 500 folks. As always, a great time ....[p]Put Eggtoberfest 2003 on your schedule and make the trek![p]Puj
    [ul][li]Eggtoberfest 2002 Pix[/ul]
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Puj,[p]OK, f it. If this does not conflict with a Jets game, I'm going to Eggtoberfest this year. I'll commit now and will buy tickets when they become available.[p]Actually, I'd love to see BGE commit to a weekend so I could buy tix and commit to the date![p]Heeeeeeeee,
    Cornfed

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Cornfed,[p]Jets are scheduled to play in Houston on the 19th. Eggtoberfest has a tradition of being held on the 3rd weekend in October.[p]Hopefully there'll be an Eggtoberfest 2003 (no reason not to think there won't be one), and that it'll be held on Octboer 17, 18, 19. Time will tell.[p]
    Puj

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Puj,[p]Actually, I see the Falcons host the Saints on Sunday the 19th. I think I'm seeing a short vacation shaping up for me. Maybe get there Friday morning and do the Friday activities, then Eggtoberfest on Saturday, then Falcons game on Sunday, then fly back Monday. That might work...[p]Cornfed