Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some More Waldorf 2003

WooDoggies
WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
EggFe003.jpg
<p />Baby Buds to Earl and Barb and to all those who couldn't be there with us!

Comments

• EggFe023.jpg
    <p />The Brothers Cornfed.
  • EggFe010.jpg
    <p />Chris and his oh so awesome Raging River salmon with maple syrup/butter glaze.
  • EggFe011.jpg
    <p />This stuff was gone in minutes!

• EggFe016.jpg
    <p />
    Wess and his creation.[p]This fella was a cooking machine.... nonstop all day long.

• EggFe015.jpg
    <p />
    I got to taste that particular pizza pie and it was goooooooood.

• EggFe012.jpg
    <p />
    Last one tonight.[p]Our fearless leader..... DAAAA MAAAAYYYYOOOOOOOR![p]Man, he knows how to throw one helluva party..... I tell you what![p][p]G'night y'all.

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    WooDoggies,
    Great photos. No doubt y'all had fun.[p]Spring Chicken

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    WooDoggies,
    Looks like great fun, and good photos. Any wine at the fest?
    Hammer

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    WooDoggies,[p]I see Daa Mayor and Mrs WessB are hamming it up as usual. I see many old faces and some new ones. There are 5 I don't recall.[p]Front row is:
    Jin Nuffer (Bge), Rona (Mrs Daaa Maayyorr), Dale himself, Mrs WessB, and a new face?[p]The back rows are three I don't know then:
    Jim W, new face, Woodoggies, Kenny G, WessB, Nature Boy, Paige, and Little Spin. Someone please fill in the blanks[p]Tim

• Mike Oelrich
    Mike Oelrich Posts: 544
    Hammer,[p] Do wine-coolers count? If not, then the answer is: not that I noticed (at lest not at the 'Fest-proper), and its a bit surprising given the wide variety of other "leaded" beverages there! Maybe if we knew what kind of wine to drink with a Stump Baby, we'd have given it a go! Seriously though, it would be cool to offer a wine to match the food one is cooking; but given how things are organized, it might be a bit logistically complicated as a person could eat some pizza, samples of four different pork loins, grilled cheese and chicken all within a three minute time span. What goes with that?!?[p]Mike
  • Tim M,[p]That's not WooDoggies on KennyG's right - I think John is BEHIND the camera.[p]Nice job with the pics, John![p]Lee[p]
  • Ohmigosh, Chris, would you please post that recipe????[p]The outside looks awesome, anyway - how did the inside turn out?[p]Thanks![p]Lee
  • Tim M
    QSis,[p]I saw a picture below of Stump and Mr McForehead and I see it is him - looks a little like John though. Who are the others in the picture? Where are you?[p]Tim
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    WD,[p]
    Thanks for the pics ... Looks like another fabulous time. Mrs. Puj and I need to get to Waldorf![p][p]Puj

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    WooDoggies,[p] Now that was real nice of all of you. You got one hugh smile from both Barb & I. Thank you for thinking of us & everyone else that could not make it. Those mini beers are my trademark & we don't even have them in Canada. Dale you got to do it again next year so we can make up for all the lost hello's.[p]Earl
  • QSis,
    the insides were awesome, very moist, and the rub complimented the fish beautifully . .. . chris did a great job on the squid as well. . .a real treat. ..[p]woodoggies. .. where are pics of the squid??

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Howdy Lee!
    It is real simple. I started with a Costco salmon filet, nothing special. I even noticed on the package (first time I have seen this) a notice that color had been added! Crazy. Anyway, I sliced the filet into 4 inch wide pieces, which makes them easier to flip, and more surface area to hold rub. Then coated heavily with Raging River, which has turb and maple sugar, and other goodies that match with salmon (dill, savory, fennel). 20 minutes for rub meltage, then onto the grill direct over a medium fire with a raised grid. 15 minutes or so and one side had crusted. Flipped until other side was crusted than brushed on a heavy dose of pure maple syrup and butter that were melted together. A minute or two a side then onto the plate.[p]The inside was cooked through, but still moist. You could easily adjust to a hotter cook if you like it crusted, but pink in the middle. One great thing about salmon is its flexibiity![p]Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • WooDoggies
    EggFe003.jpg
    <p />QSis,[p]You're right, Lee, I'm behind the camera..... and thanks, it's fun to share these photos.... fun group of folks![p]1st row: Jim Nufer of BGE, Mrs Da Mayor, Mr Da Mayor, Sally (Wess's better half), and Mr Hyde (QBabe's husband).[p]2nd row: Sue (new bge owner and master cbj), Dana (Jon Wimer's better 1/2), Mr McForehead, WessB, and Kim (PG's better 1/2).[p]Back row: Richard (Sue's husband and master cbj... they drove from Illinios to be there), JimW, JonW, KennyG, Nature Boy who is caught in the act of drinking my beer when I asked him to simply HOLD it for me!, and PG.[p]Sorry I wasn't able to get everyone into the frame.[p]Lee, you need to come down next year.... you would have really enjoyed the layed back atmosphere, the loads of quality food coming off the grill and the really fine music..... it couldn't have turned out to be a better day.[p]John
  • WooDoggies
    EggFe002.jpg
    <p />Tim M,[p]A quieter moment...... and Chris is still drinking my beer!

• Tim M
    WooDoggies,[p]And when he clearly has his own beer in his other hand.[p]How low can you go?[p]hehe
    Tim

• WooDoggies
    Earl,[p]Yeah, your ears should have been burning around the time of that photo. :~)[p]You two were among many of those who were missed this year![p]See you in New Holland..... with Baby Buds![p]John

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Tim M,
    I was evenly drinking from both fists. The camera just happened to catch me drinking with the left fist....and WooDoggie's Oh-So-Cold bud. I was drinking for Earl and Barb..myself....and then drinking for Earl and Barb for WooDoggies. Did I get any thanks??? No.
    Heee
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • A beer in each hand Chris? That is what I call a well balanced diet..........[p]Looks like everyone had a good time.[p]Lager,[p]JDB

• WooDoggies
    Nature Boy,[p]Nice save![p]I am ashamed that I doubted you.
    I guess a "Thank You" is in order..... I guess.

• Hammer
    MikeO,
    You are on target, since it would be hard to pair one wine for all the different foods presented.
    In the furure, if I had some idea what was being prepared,and the main ingredients of the food, I could offer some suggestions. Me personally, I find that a red zinfandel will stand up against most meats, and a non-malactic Chardonnay for chicken, fish, etc; on most items.
    being smoked or Q'd!
    Wine Coolers-no problem,enjoy them ocassionaly; suggest you try a cider with Q as well.
    Hammer

• Kelly Keefe
    Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
    Gee whiz, Chris. It sounds too organized. First a "Designated Driver" and now a "Designated Drinker"?? Hope American League baseball never gets wind of this -- grin![p]Kelly
  • Mike Oelrich
    Mike Oelrich Posts: 544
    Hammer,[p] Yeah, cider is good. There's a company near Sonoma called Ace that makes some good ones. Unfortunately, the distributor here in VA only carries their pear cider . . .[p]Mike
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Tim M,[p]That is so bleeping funny! Talk about caught red-handed. Damn digi cams...[p]We missed you at the fest, Tim, and hope you can make it next year![p]Heeee,
    Cornfed

• Hammer
    MikeO,
    Here are a few to try. Most of them come in two flavors; Hornsby's, Woodchuck, Bulmers; but then when all else fails, just grab a cold PBR, and I find that it goes well with everythig.
    Hammer[p]

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Hammer,[p]At the post 'fest party, I had a bottle of Shiraz....I'm not much of a beer drinker, so wanted something more to my liking...[p]We had steak (NB), pork tenderloins (PG) and chicken wings (WessB)to nibble and the Shiraz held up well to all![p]QBabe
    :~)