Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Remembering

2»

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Mr. Toad and KennyG. I remember when EliShark was little he was enthralled with meeting someone named Mr. Toad at what must have been Waldorf? Waaaay back. He had watched him on the early BGE vhs tape. Spin was another early egger we met at that fest. Boy could he do a pizza.

mShark
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Aw Max, I know what you mean. NYE is one of my worst. I think of all the tax deductions I probably missed and get depressed. Maybe we should have a NYE fest somewhere. Actually my first 'exposure' to the egg was at a NYE party. Hmm...an idea!

mShark
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Geeezzzz, Mike! Why don't you say what you mean?? I'll tell you one thing....I never learned anything from that Chubby feller! :laugh:
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    And you, and about 2 dozen more.

Mike
  • Lawn Ranger
    Trying to do a roll call of you guys is darn near impossible.
    Have a great weekend, John!

Mike
  • Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    was a lurker for a while before I got my Lge BGE in 99. Spring Chicken was my first live contact by phone, We share a lot of memories of SW Ms. and E. La. just west of Natchez. Met several at Eggfest in 2002. More at the "Coop party" last Oct. Hope to meet many more..Checking the forum is an every morn experience along with my first coffee.

Happy Friday and weekend to all.

Ray Price
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Forgot about Spin and Ms. Spin. Great folks! Had a bike accident and took a lot out of them. Mr Toad's pork roast, YES!

Do you realize by those standards you and I are old timers? You were just a slip of a thing when I first met you in Waldorf back in '00 (I think it was '00 or was it '99?)
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    I actually may be one year older. I can't remember. Jay told me but I'm getting old too and the the memory is crap LOL
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Memries,
    Like the corners of my mind
    Misty water-colored memories
    Of the way we were
    Scattered pictures,
    Of the smiles we left behind
    Smiles we gave to one another
    For the way we were
    Can it be that it was all so simple then?
    Or has time re-written every line?
    If we had the chance to do it all again
    Tell me, would we? could we?
    Memries, may be beautiful and yet
    Whats too painful to remember
    We simply choose to forget
    So its the laughter
    We will remember
    Whenever we remember...
    The way we were...
    The way we were...
  • You musta took another one of those 'nostalgia' pills. Funny how they work - they cause the memory glands to recall bunches of people and events and fun times that might otherwise get lost in the shuffle.

As many have said before and will say afterward, there's really no place like this Forum. It is a place to teach and to learn, to boast and to banter, to laugh and to cry, even a place to entertain and to be entertained, but most of all to share.

We form friendships with people unseen and never ask or care their lot in life. Rich and poor, old and young, and all those in between eventually become as much a part of our lives as those we see every day. Their importance to us is treasured and is only made sweeter by one day meeting them in person.

The assorted names you mentioned are but a few of those who add excitement and enthusiasm and even color to an already lively conversation that addresses our common interest, cooking on the Big Green Egg. The fact that some of the 'oldtimers' rarely post anymore is most likely due to their stepping back to make way for new people with their own enthusiasm for what will become an adventure of a lifetime.

We sit back and read the endless and oft asked questions from Newbie's, and then enjoy the replies from those who were Newbie's only a short time ago. But what really excites us is the creative ideas these 'newtimers' bring to the Forum.

The Oldtimers are still around, we're just being entertained and enlightened by a new bunch of Eggheads. I'm loving it.

Spring "Oldtimer Trainee" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • WOW Leroy, I have been enjoying this thread and remembering a lot, but your words just took it to a whole new level!! Thank you.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    By just about anybody's standards...you're an old timer!

Don't you forget it!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Lawn Ranger
    Buddy:

Ink flows from your pen like fine wine!
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Dennis:

Moustache -- last shaved off in September 1971

Beard -- last shaved off in May 1979

You can figure it out from there. :laugh:

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Mike:

I wasn't trying to say I was left out -- because you can't be left out when you really aren't part of the group you are mentioning. The ones who came before me, all of which you mentioned, are who helped me the most with learning the "ways of the Egg".

I was just pulling Randy's chain!!!! :laugh:

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Its older :woohoo:

I'm a 72er myself.
  • I miss stike, already.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    To be thrown in with the lot you named, I am honored..as AZRP said....Thanks, I think...the **** comment kinda lost me..but what the hey..I are one anyhow...the lost in Utah episode along with a few select others is the reason I decided..I had better things to do with my time then get beat down for offering assistance..I still lurk, and offer advice when none or incorrect advice is given...Mr Leroy said it bout as well as it could be said...my website will always be available, and you may see me posting a little more regularly...Best to you and yours Mike...somebody needed to rattle the rafters, hopefully you can drag the old timers back out.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Nice to see you out from under the desk Wess!!
    I also got spanked by Ol' "Buddy Lawn" myself...but when he started callin names..,

I knew he was talking about you...lol!!!

Here's a favorite Wess pic...showi'n your softer, more cuddly side!!

P1010090-2.jpg

Goodn's!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • You damn right he's old and not only that he's miserable too!! :evil:
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    As usual..you're right on time...those pics never made the forum...good..bad..who knows..probably just as well..look forward to our next joint encounter... :laugh: and I do believe there was one more evn more detailed pic of that episode... :evil: