Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I got a flat this morning on my table

Options
Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We got about 4 inches of snow last night so after I got rid of the snow on the driveway I did like I always do and shovel the snow off the patio so I can get to my eggs. Much to my surprise as I was moving the table with my small and large one of the casters snapped causing the table to drop to one side. Fortunately I always pull the tables instead of pushing and I was able to catch and hold the table before a serious situation developed. The casters are 3 years old so check those casters before your table gets a flat.
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Good thing you did not have a derailment!
    :)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    As it was I had to send out for the wrecking crew. I wonder if I'm wonder if the incident is going to be goverened by FRA rules? I guess I will be taken out of service and have to take the mandatory drug test??? :laugh:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    "Good catch" John! BTW was the caster one of those hard black rubber kind? Those really have a limited life and are subject to cold weather and little abuse! I used to have them on some of my shop equipment and they would just break in half.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    The caster broke right at the swivel. I am guessing that being on a paver patio all the vibration when moving the table through the years finally effected the ball bearing seat. The caster snapped right at the ball bearing joint.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    You'll be given a fair and impartial hearing and then they'll fire yo butt! :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    For some reason I was envisioning a 14 lb. packer brisket (flat) sitting on your table waiting to be caressed for a few hours by your BGE but you actually had a flat (caster). Great save of a potential major disaster.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX