Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Turkey Breast

nikkig
nikkig Posts: 514
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a 3lb. boneless turkey breast thawing for dinner tonight. I've never cooked one of these, so I need help. What's the best temp to cook it at, and how long will it take? I am not brining, just gonna season it with one of the Dizzy products and smoke with pecan. Thanks in advance, you guys (and gals) are always great to help.[p]~nikki[p]p.s.- can't wait for eggfest!

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    nikkig,
    I've done a couple...usually do indirect @ 350* for about 2 hours.
    About to smoke a duck for a friend on the large; meatloaf tonight on the small!

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    nikkig,
    I'd cook it at the same temp you would in an oven, probably 325. I've done a number of bone-in turkey breasts at 325. I don't think a 3 pounder is going to take 2 hours. As always, cook until the internal temperature is where you like it, 160-165ish probably. Sounds good![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • nikkig, If you have an injector and are interested in a very good injection solution, I have a recipe for you. This solution is something I use on boneless/skinless turkey breasts.[p]You or anyone else you wants this recipe will have to e-mail me though as I do not want this recipe posted until I try it in a BBQ contest. :-)[p]Lager,[p]JDB[p][p]
  • Aron
    Aron Posts: 170
    Juggy D Beerman,
    Also, if you have the injector, I find that injecting pure maple syrup really gives the meat a nice flavor.
    --Aron

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    The Naked Whiz,
    You're probably right. Damn old eyes/brain didn't see "boneless". I've only done whole turkey breasts and they take a couple hours. Thermometer is going to tell the answer either way.

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    nikkig,[p]
    Well what did you decide on and how did it turn out? I have never cooked on of these boneless ones with the exception the pressed and formed boneless ones that are precooked. [p]Ashley [p]

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Zip,
    It was very good. This was one of those 3lb. Butterball boneless breasts thats held together in a string netting. I rubbed it down with olive oil, and coated it with Tsunami spin. Cooked it at 325 for about 2 hours over a drip pan, until it was 160 internal. I'd definately do one again.[p]~nikki