Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

dulll forum. so last nights dull dinner pics

lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited 7:43PM in EggHead Forum
raided the fridge with out a plan, time to play iron chef here are the secret ingredients

christmas164.jpg

pepper roasting on the mini

christmas165.jpg

roasted peppers left over sauce

christmas166.jpg

christmas167.jpg

mini egged thighs

christmas168.jpg

chopped

christmas169.jpg

in the sauce

christmas170.jpg

served , ugly but real comfort on a cold night alone

christmas171.jpg
·

Comments

• It looked like someone barfed on your plate, but I'm sure it tasted real good. :P
    ·
  • Bill - I think we have very different ideas of what constitutes "dull." Roasted peppers on just about anything is YUMMY!
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Hey bill,it looks almost eatible from here :lol: Just messin with ya buddy,it really looks pretty darn good,and not dull at all :woohoo: :) You gotta love the mini :cheer: :woohoo: ;)
    ·
  • bill,

One of the things that is seldom mentioned here is the egg's ability to burn pepper skins without turning the flesh to mush. Italian or bannana pepers are my favourite because of taste but pre egg I couldn't roast them and peel because the flesh is so thin.
    Nothing like a roasted pepper sauce or a roasted red pepper and tomato soup.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Only thing missing is a Death Pepper in there. Then YOU could wake up at 2:00 am to!!! :P
    ·
  • JL,

Did you see my post about the Toronto veal sandwiches the other day. I lost ten pounds :sick:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    I missed that Steve. Sorry. I have missed a lot of great ideas the last 3 weeks but just no time for the forum working 12's. Just now getting simi caught up! Have you thought of sub contracting with Nutra System for an advanced weight loss progam?!! :P
    ·
  • you are right on both B)
    ·
  • it was really tasty but ugly
    ·
  • mini is just wonderful for this kind of stuff and it was good
    ·
  • you are right about the roasted red peppers . the smaller ones are so good almost mindless on the mini, put them on and check each time i refresh the adult beverage.
    ·
  • i did that saturday and lost 5 lbs ... i got the death pepper seeds i will grow them you can eat them
    ·
  • looks like the three of us have been hurting lately
    ·
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    bill,

I hope that those peppers weren't hot--you may do some bad damage to your innards :)

Looks like a nice dish there.
    ·
  • no hots for me, ask jl or look up wussie boy in the dictonary , you will see my picture. it was good,,
    ·
  • JL,

I would but there is a certain ammount of pain involved

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • bill,

It's the endorphin rush. Pain to follow.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·