Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Smoke: Superbowl Brisket Success!

Options
Seidegger
Seidegger Posts: 73
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just wanted to thank everyone for their comments and help over the past week to my posts and others. All this wealth of information helped me cook a brisket that was the hit of the party! It was my first time so I didn't sleep very much considering it was a 14.5# whole brisket that I put in around 9PM Saturday night. The timing was perfect as it hit 185 right at kickoff (4:30)and a little over an hour of resting in the cooler, it was hot and ready to serve at halftime. It was moist and the rub of Cowlick Dizzy BBQ and Raw Suger was awesome and I didn't need to mop once. The worst part was that my wireless thermometer broke so all I had was my trusty thermopen and a "hopefully" calibrated egg dome therm.

Maybe I got lucky, maybe it really isn't that hard, but def. couldn't have done it without this forum! (sorry I had no pictures, but it looked like a black meteorite just like on the dizzy pig website)

So Thanks!

Comments