Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 Spatchcocked Chickens on the XL

Bevo
Bevo Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There have been a few posts recently about spatchcocking chicken, so I thought I would post this. I did three of them on a raised grid on my XL BGE.

After spatchcocking them I let the rest uncovered overnight in the refrigerator. I believe this contributed greatly to the nice, crispy skin. I removed from the refrigerator the next day about 45 minutes before I planned to put them on the BGE. I oiled lightly with olive oil, then sprinkled with garlic powder and Montreal Steak Seasoning.

I had the BGE stabilized at 380* and placed them, cut side down, on the raised grid. I never turned them or looked at them until 50 minutes later. They were done perfectly. Both dark meat and white meat were moist, and the skin was crispy. I gave one to my next-door neighbor. They agreed it was excellent.

Thanks to Naked Whiz and others on this forum who helped me learn this technique. If I have figured out Photobucket, I'll try to post a couple of pictures.

[img size=150][/img]

[img size=150][/img]

[img size=150][/img]

Comments