Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This Old House Magazine - (How I learned about the BGE)

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just learned about the Big Green Egg and this forum in the current issue of the "This Old House" magazine, and looks like I'm ready to purchase my first egg! (either a medium or a small).

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Tony,
    ...get the large! can never have too much meat!
    mmmmmmm[p]this place claims they sell the BGE (large) for ^20 and NO shipping.[p]www.hearthsidedistributors.com
    or
    http://shopping.netledger.com/app/site/site.nl?category=147&site=ACCT86477&mode=items&sc=2[p]you will cook EASILY 2 to 3 times a week on this. If you don't I will eat a fistfull of Dizzy Dust.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Tony,
    If you can afford the large, I'd get the large unless you have a particular need for a small (portability or space?). This will allow you to cook for a group if you want to entertain, it will allow you to do larger pizzas, larger turkeys, etc. Welcome to the family![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Tony,
    Thanks for pointing that out. I may go get me a copy. I hope they did us up right.

This Old House is a popular magazine but their TV program would be an ideal place to show off the Egg. Lots of do-it-your-selfers watch the show and can appreciate the uniqueness of the Egg for Q'ing.[p]And, to add my 2 cents worth, get the large unless you have a strong compelling reason to go smaller. Even if you decide on the smaller Egg, you can always add a large later. Most of dream of owning more than one. I started large and want to add a small or medium one of these days.[p]Welcome to the group.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    stike,[p]Seems like a good deal at $620 for the large and free shipping. Maybe no sales tax either?? Depending upon your state.[p]Mike in MN
  • Vegas Slim
    Vegas Slim Posts: 166
    Options
    Tony, the ladies lie! size does matter!!! go for the large

• PCO3
    PCO3 Posts: 50
    Options
    Tony,
    I bought my large BGE last father's day. I probably had the same reluctance you may have but after reading the forum and seeing everyone recommend the large I went ahead and did it! I DO NOT REGRET IT FOR ONE SECOND!!! It is a serious investment and I would hate to think for only a $100 or $200 more I could have had the large. You won't regret it. I have used my BGE many many many times and have impressed my friends with the quality of food from simple grilled chicken wings to baby back ribs. By the way, I don't sell these things for a living but I am still young.

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    Tony,
    Get the large......perfect for the deck or yard, can do dinners for 1, 2, 3 or many more. Once you get the large and start cooking on it, you realize it was a small price to pay for something you will use so often. Depending on lifestyle, you'll then venture into the reasons you need a small.....so you can haul it anywhere you may need to go and find yourself in need of cooking (say a tailgate party). Then you may find yourself in need of a mini......you never know when you may be off road in Vermont, sliding through mud, then find a perfect spot where a cold drink and a burger would make the scene perfect......just my thoughts.....Oh ya'......this happened to me :-)[p]PS......you may even find yourself at a Patriots football game with all three, not only cooking your food, but food for people within a 50' radius......BTW, the Patriots lost to Denver....

• Grillhauberichtlinien
    Options
    Tony,
    Which issue, what page#. I looked through the April issue and didn't see anything about BGE.

• Grillhauberichtlinien,[p]Its the May issue.