Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cat's Baby Backs help Gators win!

Options
Fritz
Fritz Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I remembered these ribs from EGGfest 99 (Cat cooked two eggs down from me), but missed a sample as they were gone before I finished my salmon. :-([p]Yesterday I made them, substituting yellow mustard seeds for black. Following Cat's advice we used ground chipotle peppers (which we organically grew and smoked on the egg late last summer). Man, were they good. Our guest devoured them. I declare theme our best baby backs so far, though my wife, Mary, also liked some Apple City ribs we did a couple of weeks ago.[p]Now I will have to make another batch for Monday night, Go Gators![p]Fritz

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Fritz,
    If you buy a bunch of ribs that you have to freeze, try marinating them before freezing. I had with great results (Tim M will vouch on that one!) If you become addicted to that recipe, as I have, it is a great way to save time by packing up several batches. I think the freezing might even add something. Thanks again Cat for a kller recipe![p]Cheers.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Fritz,[p]Elder Ward's butt helped the Spartans!!! Small egg world! I'm not cooking tomorrow - too nervous to do anything but pace!
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Nature Boy, I agree witcha! I marinated and vacuum sealed some beef bone in country rib's yesterday, and these were the best I have done so far. I slight twist to the end result, but for beef its a challenge. Tender fall off the bone and no fat to speak of. I vacuum sealed em with Hunt's New Hickory (yes, I stooped to off the shelf stuff) flavored sauce. Then on the grill for 3 hours. Skreeeumptious.
    Cheers, C~W

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Beef Bone-in Country Ribs?? Wow!!
    Is that a cut special for you by your butcher?? Or is it a common cut?? Also, with pork the "coutry ribs" come from all different parts of the pig. Is it the same with beef country ribs?? or is it a little more clear-cut??[p]Thanks
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ