Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP: Superbowl Brisket

Options
Seidegger
Seidegger Posts: 73
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just a quick question: if you let the brisket rest for a few hours, does it really stay hot to serve? How to I make sure I am serving hot brisket to my guests?

Although my food has been great my first week cooking on the egg, some of the indirect stuff I have cooked has gotten cold fast

Thanks!

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    take a clean cooler and fill it with boiling water leave in there for 1 hour at least & dump out and place your brisket in there with some beach towels it will stay warm for hours ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Your other option is to turn the oven on to 170*. Wrap the brisket in foil and let it rest in the oven. Be sure to place is on a baking sheet as it is prone to drip.
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    Double wrap w/foil before wrapping in beach towels...

Mike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    the cooler trick mentioned works well, ive had two briskets sitting in a cooler for almost 7 hours. i usually have a hot bean pot in there as well, but your brisket will stay hot if you do as bente posted for a few hours. once you slice it, it cools fast so slice it just before serving,
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i assumed :laugh: :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :pinch:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb